Tire Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

weareHKR

Really couldn't get on with the skinny tires, so changed them over to some wider ones, deffo feels better on the slight off-road ride, looks better as well ... :becool:
Skinny.jpg
Fatty.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nice bike that.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
When you put 'skinny tyres' I thought you were covering 19-23mm ones :laugh:

Son's hillclimb and track bikes run on 19mm front and 22mm rear tyres with the TT bike on 22mm front and rear. Now they're 'skinny' :okay:

Nice bike BTW and the 2" tyres look decent.

Ajax Bay

Guru
looks better as well ...
Very smart. I wonder if that bike would appreciate a bit of riding, to go with the cleaning and photo shoots ;)
By the way, I slip a short plastic sleeve round my seatpost to minimise the rubbing and erasion of the Topeak strap to the seatpost and the top of the seat tube/clamp.
Son's . . . TT bike on 22mm front and rear.
OT (forgive):
For info ( @DCLane ), daughter's TT/tri bike is running Vittoria TL 23 front and 25 rear (which btw at race pressures come out at spec width). Optimum (aero) width will depend on rim profile (hers are DT Swiss 80mm and 17mm IW, and DT Swiss stickered disc - same IW)
But no doubt the 22s 'feel fast'.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
OT (forgive):
For info ( @DCLane ), daughter's TT/tri bike is running Vittoria TL 23 front and 25 rear (which btw at race pressures come out at spec width). Optimum (aero) width will depend on rim profile (hers are DT Swiss 80mm and 17mm IW, and DT Swiss stickered disc - same IW)
But no doubt the 22s 'feel fast'.

Fast but can be slippy / skittish. He's on 50mm 1100g wheels for the hillclimb bike but on a 60mm / 5 spoke front and rear disc for TT and track.

OP
OP
weareHKR

weareHKR

They weren't exactly skinny tyres to start with but the new ones look much chunkier. How tight is the fit at frame/forks?
Seat Stays - 65mm & Chain Stays 65mm - Forks 60mm - Tire 50mm (tyres are 29 x 2.0 So bags of room... ;)

When you put 'skinny tyres' I thought you were covering 19-23mm ones :laugh:
Son's hillclimb and track bikes run on 19mm front and 22mm rear tyres with the TT bike on 22mm front and rear. Now they're 'skinny' :okay:
I've only ever had MTB so getting these just looked skinny to me & they were 700 x 42C... :laugh:
Mine looked skinny, yours are like rubber bands... :laugh:

Very smart. I wonder if that bike would appreciate a bit of riding, to go with the cleaning and photo shoots ;)
It's been out (in the dry) with the skinny tires on & I didn't like it, changed them to something I'm very familiar with & not had the chance this week! Work keeps interfering with my hobbies! :sad:

By the way, I slip a short plastic sleeve round my seatpost to minimise the rubbing and erasion of the Topeak strap to the seatpost and the top of the seat tube/clamp.
Great tip, ill cut a skinny innertube up & slide it over the seat tube... :becool:

Top Bottom