Titanium ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boydj

Legendary Member
I've had an original Kinesis GF-Ti for a few years. Lovely, smooth-riding bike. I've got carbon for fast club rides, but the titanium always get preferred for long solo rides.

colly

Re member eR
And so does (seemingly currently unfashionable) aluminium.

I have two bikes I ride atm, both in Aluminium so thank God for that, I wouldn't want to be seen on anything faddy. :smile:

Venod

Eh up
I've had an original Kinesis GF-Ti for a few years. Lovely, smooth-riding bike. I've got carbon for fast club rides, but the titanium always get preferred for long solo rides.

Another opportunity to post a pic, now with the stem flipped and permanent SKS Longboard Mudguards,
R0010194.JPG

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Love the 'permanent' invisible mudguard look. How do you do that?
A very discreet installation indeed.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Not ridden any 853 bikes, but my Van Nic Yukon is a way smoother ride than either of my 531 steelies.

And I'd love some of those invisible mudguards too....

Melv

What is everyone's thoughts on paint on a titanium frame ? Sacrelige to some I'm sure but I do love the look of a part-painted Ti Frame.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What is everyone's thoughts on paint on a titanium frame ? Sacrelige to some I'm sure but I do love the look of a part-painted Ti Frame.

For myself the beauty in titanium is that it is unpainted and untreated. As you use the bike the finish does tarnish in some places, shines and sparkles in others, and even gets scratched and looks all the better for it.
I can understand people who want to pain a Ti frame, but not the whole frame. Some must be left to show the beauty of Ti.

Last edited:

Crankarm

Guru
Why do titanium frames always appear to have carbon forks? Are titanium forks not possible?

If the OP is worried about weight and wobble and is considering replacing his old steel MTB with an expensive Ti frame which frankly is never going to happen given he currently has such a low value bike anyway and a good Ti bike in a decent spec is not cheap, why does he not consider instead an aluminium framed bike which is light strong and stiff to carry his weight and wobble?

Top Bottom