Today has left me utterly depressed....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Thanks for linking.

Back roads too - no excuse from drivers:rolleyes:

There's lots of other back roads round there - why not try different routes? Or use the main road?

Worth a try.
I've looked at other routes and they all present difficulties. I'd like to avoid Summerfield street on the way home as its backed up all the way, I have to filter the full length and often have drivers coming out of side roads or just pulling into my path inexplicably. But the alternative routes are worse if anything.

davefb

Guru
It might be a reason, but I doubt it's significant.

Driving on the roads now is way different to driving on the roads 25 years ago. Mostly because of the traffic volume which isn't created by cyclists.
thats what I couldn't understand when I had the epiphany of "hang on, why am i sat in the q looking at a cyclist passing me, that could be me!".. why don't more people get this ??

the cars are the traffic, if there were less cars, more bikes, it'd be better for ALL...

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
:stop:You could respond with..."oo taught you to drive? Evel Knieval?" or "vorsprung durch technik kartoffelfresse" [if they're driving a German made car...]. Also "Chelsea's that way mate!" [if they're driving some massive great Rambo wagon]...

Top Bottom