Toilet paper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangaman

Is this 57 just for ass wiping purposes?

If so it's astounding. The average person has 1-2 bowel movement per day.

The average Ameriacn therefore uses about 38 sheets of toilet paper per crap. The queue for an American toilet must be never ending.

(Mind you I'm not a great fan of the Army method either :evil:)

4 or 5 carefully used sheets I find does me for the day, in case you're interested. :biggrin:

wafflycat

Pah, loo paper is for wimps. Colonic irrigation is the way to go!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It is astonishing, especially when you think of the key word 'average'. Some must be using sensible amounts, so some must be really going for it to keep the numbers up.

At least part of the explanation may lie in what I was once told when working on a job for a bog paper manufacturer. I queried why women, it appeared, used not just more (which you'd expect, let's not dwell on that) but a lot more. And what was this item in the usage column: 'hovering and nesting'. Turned out a lot of women using loos while out of the home either 'hover' for fear of touching the seat, or 'nest' - ie, use loads of paper to line the seat before they park.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
wafflycat said:
Pah, loo paper is for wimps. Colonic irrigation is the way to go!

I think you find that nettle leaves are FAR superior!!

Try it and you'll see what I mean!

Seriously though, I learned as a kid that if I ran out of bog roll, then the cardboard bit in the middle, if torn up correctly, could substitute instead. It was a bit rougher and much more difficult to use, but hey, it did the job!

I left one or two people waiting to use the loo after me scratching their heads after I came out, particularly if I had used all of the cardboard! :laugh:

GrahamG

Guru
Maybe they all use really cheap paper - you know, the two ply stuff that you have to fold three times before you get enough to resist a digital penetration.
Cheap TP is a false economy.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I lived in Spain as a student they used to hang bits of the newspaper on a string. If they spotted an obituary notice on the sheet they would carefully tear out the crucifix at the top, touch it to the lips and pop it into the shirt pocket then wipe trying to avoid the hole they had made.

Later I lived in a hall of residence at a college near Seville. All toilet paper had to be thrown in a waste paper basket because the septic tank couldn't manage paper. Every morning the cleaner used to tip all the bins out onto the bog floor then sweep the whole stinking pile out of the door and along the corridor to the patio, where it was stuffed into plastic bags. Then she would slop a bucket of water with bleach on the floor and drive it all down the corridor and out the door with a rubber blade on a stick. I never knew what I hated the most, the smell of the paper or the smell of the bleach.

U

User169

Globalti said:
When I lived in Spain as a student they used to hang bits of the newspaper on a string. If they spotted an obituary notice on the sheet they would carefully tear out the crucifix at the top, touch it to the lips and pop it into the shirt pocket then wipe trying to avoid the hole they had made.

Later I lived in a hall of residence at a college near Seville. All toilet paper had to be thrown in a waste paper basket because the septic tank couldn't manage paper. Every morning the cleaner used to tip all the bins out onto the bog floor then sweep the whole stinking pile out of the door and along the corridor to the patio, where it was stuffed into plastic bags. Then she would slop a bucket of water with bleach on the floor and drive it all down the corridor and out the door with a rubber blade on a stick. I never knew what I hated the most, the smell of the paper or the smell of the bleach.

Apparently, Spain gets through more bleach per head than any other country on the planet.

Source

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ah! Perhaps not now - the clever bods at Unilever and Bayer have invented products like Fabuloso and SOS, which take advantage of the Hispanic culture of morning slopping out with a bucket of bleach. Fabuloso was launched in Venezuela and was a marketing success story to rival that of Red Bull.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Globalti said:
Ah! Perhaps not now - the clever bods at Unilever and Bayer have invented products like Fabuloso and SOS, which take advantage of the Hispanic culture of morning slopping out with a bucket of bleach. Fabuloso was launched in Venezuela and was a marketing success story to rival that of Red Bull.

I'm not surprised! What a fabuloso name for a product!

Top Bottom