Tonight I cooked...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheesy pasta bake with leeks, mushrooms & ham here tonight.

Enough left for another couple of days, so won't need to worry about cooking when I get back from the Coventry & Leicester on Saturday evening.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Another reminder that tasy food doesn't have to cost a lot.
We're out of sorts eating wise, the last 2 years have been stressful and tbh, we really just eat whatever is to hand, very little inventiveness or desire, but tonight...
2 pieces of rump steak from Iceland, 3 bags of microwave savoury rice, some egg noodles and a splash of soy sauce...wonderful.
About £8.50 for 3 of us, it's a bargain. Not a massive amount of steak each...but enough. Less than 3 quid a portion and tasty...yay

I have always thought that to be sure the steak is a good cut then you have to go to a proper butcher........maybe, after all these years I am wrong.
With my dodgy teeth it must be tender.

gbb

Legendary Member
I have always thought that to be sure the steak is a good cut then you have to go to a proper butcher........maybe, after all these years I am wrong.
With my dodgy teeth it must be tender.

That's probably the case to fairly guarantee a quality piece of steak. Supermarket steak is OK but your more likely to get a grisley piece from a supermarket I suspect. Funnily enough I had one the other week, I was so cheesed off i got my money back on my next visit.

Spaghetti & meatballs here this evening, with the sauce & meatballs being done in the crock pot. It was a good way of using up half a packet of sausage meat, two rather tired looking peppers and one of my dented cans of tomatoes picked up on yellow sticker.

Last night was pork ribeye steaks, roasties done in lamb dripping, home made apple sauce using some of the last of the Green Harvey apples from the community orchard, and red cabbage braised in cider.

Enough leftovers to see me comfortably into next week, so don't need to bother about cooking much over the weekend.

bobzmyunkle

There's a lot of steak eating on this forum.
You folks live high on the hog, if that's the correct term given the amount of steak.
Sausage and mash for me. Proper sausage obviously - Welsh dragon.

Top Bottom