Took the dog for a walk today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Oh blimey Charlie I got completely the wrong end of the stick there, I thought you were talking about folders you put papers into, think I forgot I was on a cycling forum :blush:. No Cubist I don't have a folder, just proper bikes :thumbsup:
Actually I did have a folding bike when I was about 11 or 12 and was mercilessly mocked for having a "girls" bike, I was called every version of homosexual you can think of whenever I rode it, eventually I managed to persuade my dad to have a piece of scaffolding tube welding onto it as a cross bar and the mocking stopped immediately :biggrin:

biggrin.gif

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Is it Germany where it's illegal to allow your mutt to be off its lead in any public place? I'd quite like to see that in the UK. Around here, it's amazing how many folks just let their dogs run all over the fields in spring, not worrying/ caring about any ground nesting birds for example.

That said, I always thank the owners who hold on to their dogs as I go by and make sure I slow right down. It costs nowt to be nice to folks.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Is it Germany where it's illegal to allow your mutt to be off its lead in any public place? I'd quite like to see that in the UK. Around here, it's amazing how many folks just let their dogs run all over the fields in spring, not worrying/ caring about any ground nesting birds for example.

That said, I always thank the owners who hold on to their dogs as I go by and make sure I slow right down. It costs nowt to be nice to folks.

So what you are suggesting is that no dog should ever be off the lead anywhere in public at all? I guess you don't own a dog do you?

Bicycle

I suspect that this thread will soon be the refuge of rattling followers of "Doubling up on the Road"...

... who were already suffering a degree of withdrawal from Helmet Threads.

I think it's all just a matter of courtesy and consideration of the needs of others.

If politeness & courtesy were a car, they would be a 1993 XM estate, with the 2.1-litre 3-valve PSA diesel.

Probably in a nice dark green metallic and with a dog guardrail fixed behind the rear seats.

OP
OP
S

SurlyNomad

@ LYB, No fella i didn't, as i got out of their way as i am considerate, not like the ignorant arrogant bastards that passed by without saying cheers! i even said hello to a few without any response! Maybe they didnt like me being on THEIR Towpath?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
If politeness & courtesy were a car, they would be a 1993 XM estate, with the 2.1-litre 3-valve PSA diesel.

Probably in a nice dark green metallic and with a dog guardrail fixed behind the rear seats.

I know next to nothing about cars and as a consequence have no idea what you're on about, but I do enjoy your descriptions, I like to picture you in a big leather chair with a large brandy, like the fella from The Fast Show.

OP
OP
S

SurlyNomad

@BFB, you make it sound my dog was running around causing all sorts of mayhem! He was under complete control at all times. True he wasnt on the lead all the time but under complete control. Its how you bring them up. I am a responsible dog owner and a cyclist, so i was looking at the situation from both sides. If someone moves out of my way with an animal i thank them and expect the same courtesy or at least a smile or a nod of thanks. just some people are downright misserable.

freecyclist

@BFB, you make it sound my dog was running around causing all sorts of mayhem! He was under complete control at all times. True he wasnt on the lead all the time but under complete control. Its how you bring them up. I am a responsible dog owner and a cyclist, so i was looking at the situation from both sides. If someone moves out of my way with an animal i thank them and expect the same courtesy or at least a smile or a nod of thanks. just some people are downright misserable.

Whos BFB ?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Whos BFB ?
BromptonFB!

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I suspect that this thread will soon be the refuge of rattling followers of "Doubling up on the Road"...

I think it's all just a matter of courtesy and consideration of the needs of others.

I see it as a 1972 Morris Traveller - horribly unfashionable but in full, working order and makes people smile when it goes past.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
He was under complete control at all times. True he wasnt on the lead all the time but under complete control. Its how you bring them up. I am a responsible dog owner and a cyclist, so i was looking at the situation from both sides. If someone moves out of my way with an animal i thank them and expect the same courtesy or at least a smile or a nod of thanks. just some people are downright misserable.

This says it all. What more can you want..a responsible person, an under-control dog, and someone with manners.

Its just a shame that the majority of people are not the same.

Manners and common courtesy cost absolutely nothing.

400bhp

Guru

:hyper:

Top Bottom