Took The Plunge. Bought A Boardman SLR 8.9 Carbon Road Bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A sedentary flit around the block. About three miles in total with a hill climb on the last leg (I live on a hill).

On the flat, I got up to very dizzying speeds within just a few pedal strokes. On the hill home, changing down was easy and not at all crunchy.

I love the combined brake and gear lever system. Never tried it before (the commuter MTB is a grip shift).

I love the trim settings.

The seat hurt a bit, but I will get used to that in time.

Plus, the frame didn't shatter into a million pieces like all the heavy smokers at work said it would.

The weather was pretty filthy today and I didn't stay out long. I'll have another crack in the morning.

10/10 so far.

View attachment 573813

Looks smart.

You mentioned your MTB pump earlier.

Bear in mind for the Boardman you will need a high pressure (HP) pump, rather than a high volume (HV) pump which your MTB one will be.

Chances are you have the right pump on the Boardman if Halfords supplied it with the bike, but the time to find out is now, not when you get your first puncture.

Cable rub may happen where the outers lie against the head tube as you steer.

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
ouch whats the issue ?

I let a chain go on for a bit too long and it was on 1% when I changed it. The new chain would suck up when I was on the small chain ring. The new crank has fixed that.

Top Bottom