'Totally Wyred' - a flattish imperial century from Whalley on Sunday 1st April.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I took the bike out for a test ride round the block a few times. The good news is that the bike is fine. The bad news is that after 2 weeks off the bike, a 1 mile ride left my legs feeling stiff ... I have a feeling I will be struggling going up that final hill from Whalley!

I discovered why my rear light was (literally) on the blink at the end of the last forum ride ... Water had got inside and corroded the terminals on one of the batteries. I've sorted it out but hopefully we will be back before it is dark this year anyway. Last year, we got held up by my puncture and also having to wait for Paul who was struggling with his nasty chest infection. We are a week later in the year this time so that is giving us nearly an extra quarter of an hour of daylight.

I was so busy bike fettling that I forgot to check with the cafe at Knott End but we would be pretty unlucky for it to be shut.

My wife in her infinite wisdom has invited her cousin over and the beers are flowing :cheers:
Think I'm out with shaun tomorrow instead with a late kick off,Don't think I'd have made it for Whalley
at 9.20 think I'll still be in bed then :whistle:
Hopefully meet you all at the jodrell bank ride in a few weeks
Have a good un tomorrow :hello:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Looks like this is definitive rider list:
  • ColinJ
  • Steve H
  • potsy
  • Alun
  • wormo
  • skudupnorth
  • aJay + buddy Pete (will meet us at Whalley in good weather, down the road if not, and with us as far as Scorton)
  • Littgull
  • I like Skol
  • tubbycyclist (also riding to and from Whalley!)
  • totallyfixed + Helen
  • SlowerThanASluggishSloth
Possibles:
  • italiafirenze (not looking likely)
  • oldfatfool (fuel problems)
  • rusty bearing (if weather is okay)
  • PaulB (only if he gets other stuff done before Sunday)
Now definitely not:
  • bromptonfb + Pennine-Paul. Last minute change of plan. They wish us well and will see us another time.
  • Globalti (doing a shorter ride elsewhere)
  • al fresco (fuel costs too high)
  • Edge705 (injured knee)
Looks like 15 riders with a chance of maybe a couple more. I'll print this list out so we can keep track of everyone!

I have the route loaded onto my Etrex GPS and there should be at least 2 more riders with their own GPSs so I am not printing out any maps this time. I don't have a colour printer so the maps look a confusing mess anyway and I only carry them for emergency use. The Etrex has only let me down once in 5 years and a full reset sorted that out so I am pretty confident in it.

potsy

Rambler
I took the bike out for a test ride round the block a few times. The good news is that the bike is fine. The bad news is that after 2 weeks off the bike, a 1 mile ride left my legs feeling stiff ... I have a feeling I will be struggling going up that final hill from Whalley!
Good job it's not hilly for the 1st 12 miles then......oh wait :whistle:

See you all in the morning :hello:

Edge705

Im afraid Im out lads I had an off on the way home from work on Friday and went out for a test ride tonight and its not comfortable in the knee area so Im staying off the bike for a few days have a good one and I'll look forward to the pics

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Im afraid Im out lads I had an off on the way home from work on Friday and went out for a test ride tonight and its not comfortable in the knee area so Im staying off the bike for a few days have a good one and I'll look forward to the pics
Ouch! Best not to mess about with bad knees, so I think you are doing the right thing. I'm glad that you weren't more seriously hurt and no doubt we'll see you on another ride later in the year.

Alun

Guru
I told you not to take those stabilisers off ! Hope you're not too bad.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm running out of time to alco-load so I'm outta here! :thumbsup:

I'll check back in last thing before I go to meet Steve H in the morning so post your excuses if you aren't coming.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Brrrrrrrr :cold: it's cold out there, proper frost on the car roofs and everything! Now, should I wear shorts or tights?

Just having onetwo last cans of............. (yes, you guessed it) Skol, then off to bed.

potsy

Rambler
Brrrrrrrr :cold: it's cold out there, proper frost on the car roofs and everything! Now, should I wear shorts or tights?

Just having onetwo last cans of............. (yes, you guessed it) Skol, then off to bed.
Summer tights for me, with winter boots and gloves and skullcap and buff :cold:

Just been to sort out my drinks and snacks, and the bloomin front tyre was flat :angry:
Seems the glueless patch on the tube must have been disturbed when I put the new tyre on the other day, new tube in and ready for bed :tired:

ps- Sorry you can't make it Edge, see you on the next one.

Top Bottom