Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
I like Froome, he is a skinny little fella but he can ride the piss out of a bicycle and seems nice enough I thought. Just not as flamboyant as some others, sort of humble in the interviews I have seen and seems well spoken enough for a bicycle racer. I also like how he takes care of business. :thumbsup:

It would be educational to do a Venn diagram of people dissing Froome in this thread for not being enough of a character and people dissing Sagan in the other thread for being too much of a character.
dont forget to include the folk who slated froome last year and then feted him this year.

I don't see what's not to like about the bloke, he's an exciting, attacking rider, he's not cocky, he seems polite and well mannered. He's a great athlete, not some sort of entertainer who lives on their personality.
He is polite, pleasant, speaks some good French, doesnt use the C word (in public anyway)...a polite and smiling assasin I do believe.

When I went past the Colombians they had lost the plot and had some kind of makeshift drumming contest.

there was at least half of Colombia there. at the end of the Champs, where le Arc strted there were groups on either side, singing and chanting to each other across the divide. most of the crowd were brits, lots of norwergians, some Basques (girlski and I were in Basque t-shirts, which annoyed some brit fans who repeatedly tried to push us out of the spot we'd been in for hours), not many yanks (good) didn't see the dutch at all and some cute slovakian girls cheering on Sagan.

phew, what a scorcher, the tarmac was melting around le Arc.

Peteaud

Veteran
there was at least half of Colombia there. at the end of the Champs, where le Arc strted there were groups on either side, singing and chanting to each other across the divide. most of the crowd were brits, lots of norwergians, some Basques (girlski and I were in Basque t-shirts, which annoyed some brit fans who repeatedly tried to push us out of the spot we'd been in for hours), not many yanks (good) didn't see the dutch at all and some cute slovakian girls cheering on Sagan.

phew, what a scorcher, the tarmac was melting around le Arc.

We sat in an organic cafe place just off the Arc, very nice and with good A/C

Notices the tarmac melting as we walked around to the video screen from victor hugo

Chris Norton

The shop down the road from me had a giant union flag on the gable wall last year with Wiggo yellow jersey, olympic gold and loads of medals as the olympics panned out.

This year, same flag and a new jersey with Froome written on it (and a small baby grow for the new prince). Plenty of support here for Froome.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
i like froome as a rider, but hes just not quite as british as wiggo(i know wiggos a belgstralian) but froome grew up in africa and is a proud african, he only became british to further his cycling career.

Froome still has my 100% support but if he were racing wiggo id choose wiggo to support every time

mrbadexample

Any of you lot on here?

DSCF5864_zps81300398.jpg

:biggrin:

Top Bottom