Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
He said after 2013 he wanted 4 or 5 - example without giving numbers http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...ht-for-multiple-Tour-de-France-victories.aspx - and he said similar again a few days ago - http://www.iol.co.za/sport/cycling/froome-targets-multiple-tour-wins-1.1890013

Will he stop wanting it or back G? Only time will tell...
I can only see G at Sky getting GC in other tours, I think Froome is set for the long haul and barring injuries they are too close in age for G to get the nod. Maybe Giro or Vuelta if they can spare him from super domestique in the big one.

400bhp

Guru
If I was Froome, I'd be looking to win the Giro and Vuelta and if I was the Giro organisers I'd be throwing money his way for him to do this, before the Giro becomes second tier.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Anyone posted these yet? Stage photos.
Nice! I humped a 1.5kg 200mm, f2.8 lens on my back from Hook of Holland to Utrecht in the hope of grabbing something like Photo 1, but due to a delayed ferry, mad heat and dodgy garmin, I only made it just time for kickoff. By that time the course was heaving and decent spots for photography were almost impossible to find. ']My efforts are here, all taken with my tiny and light 35mm f1.8 prime. Grrrrrrr!

TBH I'm giving up on the showpiece stages like the out of town prologues. I avoided the Yorkshire stages last year because I suspected they'd be nuts, but was genuinely surprised how mental is was in Utrecht. The best TdF experiences I've had are at the French roll outs - good atmosphere, a decent chance of seeing the riders but not silly crowds.

My cunning plan to get to a Vuelta stage have just fallen through. Double fecking Grrrrr!

Last edited:

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I can only see G at Sky getting GC in other tours, I think Froome is set for the long haul and barring injuries they are too close in age for G to get the nod. Maybe Giro or Vuelta if they can spare him from super domestique in the big one.

Or unless he leaves the team. I think the original point about G is slightly different though; even if he's not Sky's GC contender, his strength in GC and the use Sky make of him mean he's likely to shake up the top ten even if he is on super-dom duties.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Problem with G is that he's such a good all rounder. He was superb in the classics this year and monumental in the TDF for the first 18 stages. Its no wonder he blew up on stages 19/20 with all the work he was doing on the front, just a pity that kennaugh fell ill

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't think Thomas will ever win a GT. He's just not a good enough climber. I probably said the same about Brad so you can't rule it out completely. It would probably have to be the Giro or Vuelta and they tend to have the killer mtn top finishes which he'd struggle with imho.
If the rumours are true I'd expect Landa to be first in the tdf Sky pecking order if Froome were to be unavailable

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I don't think Thomas will ever win a GT. He's just not a good enough climber.

Yep. Hate to say it but I agree. Probably not quite good enough as a time triallist either.

Even before the Tour, his limitations were exposed in the RVV, on that final climb where he couldn't follow the attack, and again on the final time trial at the Tour de Suisse.

This has been a great year for him but I suspect it's about as good as it's ever going to get. Would love to see him win Paris-Roubaix some time - that's probably a realistic target.

As a domestique, though, he's one of the very best, which is a great talent in its own right. He's a lot like Sylvain Chavanel, another rider I've always had a lot of time for.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I don't think Thomas will ever win a GT. He's just not a good enough climber. I probably said the same about Brad so you can't rule it out completely. It would probably have to be the Giro or Vuelta and they tend to have the killer mtn top finishes which he'd struggle with imho.
If the rumours are true I'd expect Landa to be first in the tdf Sky pecking order should Froome be unavailable

You obviously feel strongly about this, given you've posted it twice! ^_^

Top Bottom