Tour de France 2019 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think Alaphilippe more likely to be going for another jersey, possibly the green, along with the likes of Sagan, GVA, WVA, Matthews and maybe any sprinter that manages to get to Paris.
Well, Alaphilippe won the mountains jersey last year.

So green this year then yellow when he gets into the end of his career? Maybe that's his secret plan. ;)

What's the course like for green? Are there lots of points in puncheur only locations? Or is it more weighted towards the pure sprinters?

KneesUp

Guru
I err, yeah , wonder yeah err if yates could be err yeaah on for a podium err yeah spot
For sure he’ll be err super motivated? You know I think he’ll give it his best shot and err see where that gets him. For sure.

Adam4868

Guru
Well, Alaphilippe won the mountains jersey last year.

So green this year then yellow when he gets into the end of his career? Maybe that's his secret plan. ;)

What's the course like for green? Are there lots of points in puncheur only locations? Or is it more weighted towards the pure sprinters?
He has some serious competition for green with Sagan and Van Aert.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
He has some serious competition for green with Sagan and Van Aert.
Indeed. In fact it was @brommers who suggested he might be going for green. I just got a bit carried away with the idea and cooked up a rather ambitious masterplan for him to be the first rider since Merckx to win all 3 jerseys. (I didn't check that fact. If it's wrong I don't care).

He might just be happy treating some selected stages as one day races (which we know he can win) and maybe looking to retain the mountains jersey.

Adam4868

Guru
Indeed. In fact it was @brommers who suggested he might be going for green. I just got a bit carried away with the idea and cooked up a rather ambitious masterplan for him to be the first rider since Merckx to win all 3 jerseys. (I didn't check that fact. If it's wrong I don't care).

He might just be happy treating some selected stages as one day races (which we know he can win) and maybe looking to retain the mountains jersey.
Wasn't having a go at you ! Lol I don't care what he goes for.Although I'd think your second paragraph could be nearer the mark.Stage wins and mountains jersey.

dragon72

Guru
Matthews getting in his excuses early today saying he's has been training to support Dumoulin in the TTT and mountains, and has not been training for sprints. Personally I don't buy it. I'm sure his inclusion in the team was for the sprints first and foremost and to help Tommy where he could. I wager he's using T.D.'s exit as an excuse to fail, or it's mind games with the other sprinters so they don't count him as a threat.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ok I'm going to let you know...Bernal will win it !
I think you're right. The stars are aligning... injuries, lack of form, strongest team.
Only question for me is when will Brailsford allow him off the leash if Thomas is flagging?

Aravis

Putrid Donut
There's a fun fact here. The only rider to win all three major TDF jerseys (yellow, green, polka dot) is Hinault.

Watch out for Chavez. He got stronger and stronger in the Giro, and with a climbtastic course, depleated field and no real pressure on him as he ghosts along in Yates's shadow he is in with a chance.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
TDF.png

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bernal and Thomas are lousy odds if you fancy a cheeky fiver on the race.
Mas @33/1 but he hasn't shown much form this year
Porte 16/1 - perennial loser
Pinot 18/1 maybe
Quintana at 14's maybe
Uran 25/1
None of them apart from Bernal has shown any form though really
I think I might go for Pinot and/or Quintana

Top Bottom