Tour de France 2019 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I think a few months ago you could of had Bernal at nearly 20/1 ! If I was having a few quid id go Bardet e/w at 25/1.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Bernal and Thomas are lousy odds if you fancy a cheeky fiver on the race.
Mas @33/1 but he hasn't shown much form this year
Porte 16/1 - perennial loser
Pinot 18/1 maybe
Quintana at 14's maybe
Uran 25/1
None of them apart from Bernal has shown any form though really
I think I might go for Pinot and/or Quintana
Yes, for a sport where it's easy to fall off or for someone to fall off in front of you, those are crap odds

I suspect Pinot represents the value here. Whilst I joked about his rubbish TT the kms are short. He only needs one big day in the mountains to pull time lost. Having said that I suspect ineos will be watching him like a hawk and won't let him disappear up the road (unlike previous editions).

Bernal was always going to be my fantasy pick so I'm disappointed he's now favourite

Adam4868

Guru
Difficult to win money on grand tours,well in general I guess ! You'd probally get better odds for a bet like Bardet to win 2 stages or Pinot/Bardet to win on stage 9 Bastille day.
In fact after looking stage 9 goes near/to Bardets home town on Bastille day.Its hilly so it suits him.Theres a bet.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
@Adam4868 @nickyboy
Yebbut Bernal was going to be doing the Giro a few months ago and was only back up for Froome and Thomas if he did the Tour at all.
I hope Ineos don't burn him out like Quintana seems to have done. He's still only 22

Adam4868

Guru
Yea I know,were forgetting it's still Geraints to lose so to speak.I think he'll be ok barring any incidents.The long climbs suit him more I think.I really hope he can win his second tour.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Sorry but Eddy Merckx also won all three jerseys in 1969. He also won the White jersey in the same year.
No, my statement was accurate. The first winner of the polka dot jersey was Lucien van Impe in 1975.

I think Hinault's achievement is one that tends to slip under the radar. In 1979, as well as winning yellow and green by huge margins, he was also second in the KOM to a rider who tested positive on a mountain stage. The penalty included the deduction of points scored that day. How times have changed.

Hinault won the polka dots in his final tour in 1986, when he was also fourth in the Champs Elysses sprint. What a story that could have been. Strangely, I found him much easier to appreciate once he'd gone.

As for this year, I haven't a clue. I find it hard to believe Thomas will be fit enough. I do find Alaphilippe intruiguing. I hope he sets his sights higher that just grabbing another KOM. A serious challenge to Sagan would be good to see.

Adam4868

Guru
Thomas will blow up spectacularly a la Yates in last year's Giro. Remember where you read it first :okay:

My (new) man, Pinot will stand atop the podium in Paris
I like your enthusiasm for a French winner...But I don't see Thomas "blowing up" he won't be hunting stage wins.Ineos are far too controlling for that.
My money's on Bardet for a podium spot.He can't let me down again.

Thomas will blow up spectacularly a la Yates in last year's Giro. Remember where you read it first :okay:

My (new) man, Pinot will stand atop the podium in Paris
Pinot will never win, it'll mess with his head too much. What happened in the Dauphine, he started really well and then just faded. Bardet, Barguil even Alaphillipe are more likely French winners.

Top Bottom