Tour de France 2019 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Simon Yates was always going to go for a stage win in this tour and when he heard on the radio that his brother and all the main GC protagonists were just marking each other out, he got the go-ahead to go for it!

Aravis

Putrid Donut

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Amongst the many amusing tales I've read about Tours past, this one stands high. Be careful what you wish for:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Schönbacher

I think you'll appreciate the final line in the article.

Heres an interesting fact that i never knew. Do any other races do this, other than an elimination race on the track.

“The Tour de France organisers did not like the attention that last-placed finishers got, so for the 1980 Tour de France they added the rule that after some stages the last-placed cyclist in the general classification would be removed from the race”

U

User169

Watching Belgian TV coverage. They have a TdF show every night which is as big as Match of the Day.

Nice to see that one of the pundits this evening is Stig Broeckx. He's looking good!

Adam4868

Guru
I think Alaphilippe might surprise us still for a few days yet. Don't write him off. He seems to be on top form and let's not forget that he also is a good climber.
Allez Jullian!!
He's been brilliant,but if its not tomorrow it's definitely Saturday.Sorry.

Milzy

Guru
Why is Dennis so peed off!?
You can’t say he just wants to start prepping for the hour record. He had a good chance of a stage win tomorrow.

Adam4868

Guru
It's got to be a fall out with management.Told to go and get bottles ? Only had marmite and no Vegemite ? Does seem odd as I'd have thought he was one of the favourites for tommorows stage.

Top Bottom