Tour de France 2020 NO SPOILERS !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I'm about a tenner down and I won't get any more pocket money till Saturday ^_^
Could be worse Rich...I'm off to Llandudno today to visit family.Booked in hotel for three days with two moody teenagers.To top it of its forecast rain for the next three days.Wjat fun...

SWSteve

Guru
Froome and Thomas aren’t going to le Tour. They’ll be targeting the Vuelta and Giro respectively.

View: https://twitter.com/sophiesmith86/status/1295983005492682752?s=21

beastie

Guru
That’s a big time decision by Brailsford! The numbers must have been terrible though, to not take such big and British names. I can’t imagine any other team leader make that call.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
That’s a big time decision by Brailsford! The numbers must have been terrible though, to not take such big and British names. I can’t imagine any other team leader make that call.
I very much doubt Brailsford does emotIonal ! First time without a British leader at the tour ? I think we can safely say it's nowhere near a British team anymore.Im not sure I ever thought he'd take Froome..Thomas I'm more suprised with.

livpoksoc

Guru
Very surprised G not picked as the super domestique-cum-champ. Which horses do I need to be shouting at now then if I finally have a year I can put the TDF on the TV live whilst working?!

We'll probably never know the truth, but it seems quite feasible that G and "Froome-dog" both read the tea-leaves and chose a crack at a minor GT win. Brailsford bit their hands off, knowing it gave him a strong-yet-subservient team for the French Race ( and he could sleep soundly for 5 weeks, having removed a ton of uncertainty from his life). Plus a good chance of winning all 3.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Very surprised G not picked as the super domestique-cum-champ. Which horses do I need to be shouting at now then if I finally have a year I can put the TDF on the TV live whilst working?!
Should make for a good Tour,with Jumbo and Roglic as favourite.Theres a few I think that are capable of challenging that besides Ineos.Pogacar for one.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Plus a good chance of winning all 3.
Wake up and stop smelling the plastic! Unless Bernie is in better health than it looked or Sivikov avoids his bad luck or errors, Ineos won't make the podium this year.

I don't think CF or G would have been good bets but they could have kept the others guessing and caused everyone but Jumbo to doubt their tactics - and you bet against Froome at your peril.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It makes sense. It gives Froome and G more time to get fit cos they were well off the pace in the Dauphine and would have been inadequate superdoms at the Tour at best.
Good call by Sir Dave imho

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I think more like Dave has looked at Jumbo at the Dauphine and thought "feck what are them boys on !"
Froome has said himself he's not back to winning form.Ill miss him at the Tour though...even if it was just to annoy the haters 😁 G I'm dissapointed for him but if I'm honest I never saw him as a joint leader,I hope he gets his glory at the Giro.
Talking of the Giro was Carapaz not told he'd be the leader ? Do as your told Richie...
So after all the speculation I still fancy Sivakov.Let him go for it will you Sir Dave.

Top Bottom