Tour de France 2020 NO SPOILERS !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Wake up and stop smelling the plastic! Unless Bernie is in better health than it looked or Sivikov avoids his bad luck or errors, Ineos won't make the podium this year.
The more you think about it Bernal,Carapaz and Sivakov are some force to not at least make a podium spot.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It makes sense. It gives Froome and G more time to get fit cos they were well off the pace in the Dauphine and would have been inadequate superdoms at the Tour at best.
Good call by Sir Dave imho
No, I'm with Ned and Dave in NEVER STRAYS FAR: THE ROAD BOOK #22: From Siena With Love. Cycling restarts. http://www.chpt3.com

Should have taken Froome and let him go for yellow early to improve the odds of holding the parcel if the music stops abruptly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
'Race officials are also taking the concept of “contact tracing” very seriously. Anyone who comes in close contact with a rider or staffer who tests positive during the race could also be removed from the Tour, as well as face a 14-day quarantine.'

I would suggest that every rider in the peloton potentially comes into 'close contact' with every other rider, given how close together they ride in the bunch, and how much spitting, coughing, and heavy breathing goes on! :whistle:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I would suggest that every rider in the peloton potentially comes into 'close contact' with every other rider, given how close together they ride in the bunch, and how much spitting, coughing, and heavy breathing goes on! :whistle:
I would suggest they're mostly less than fifteen minutes together, probably, and outside and not face to face, so it's less sure. It'll be an interesting decision, for sure. Do the data tracker and camera devices they have on the saddlebag mounts run a covid contact tracker app? ;)

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Ineos have announced that Froome and Thomas will not take part in the Tour this year. Judging from their form in the recent Dauphine, this was to be expected I think.

Top Bottom