Tour de France 2020 NO SPOILERS !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I still think Roglic is nailed on but Pogacar is the joker in the pack. Rog is riding conservatively but I think he's not using up unnecessary energy too soon.
I like Bernal but he doesn't seem to have the spark of last year.
Quintana will be a nearly man and Bardet will fade on the highest hills. The others are not quite good enough.
My prediction is
1. Roglic
2. Bernal
3. Pogacar
4. Bardet
5. Martin
6. Quintana
7. Lopez
8. Landa
9. Uran
10. Porte
Probably completely wrong!

My main reason for picking Rog ahead of Pog Bernie and the rest is his team's strength in numbers. Noone else has consistently had more than 1 teammate on the big climbs.
But I think it's very very open :smile:

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I still think Roglic is nailed on but Pogacar is the joker in the pack. Rog is riding conservatively but I think he's not using up unnecessary energy too soon.
I like Bernal but he doesn't seem to have the spark of last year.
Quintana will be a nearly man and Bardet will fade on the highest hills. The others are not quite good enough.
My prediction is
1. Roglic
2. Bernal
3. Pogacar
4. Bardet
5. Martin
6. Quintana
7. Lopez
8. Landa
9. Uran
10. Porte
Probably completely wrong!
You've no faith in Riche....how cruel 😁

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I take all your points but I'm still not convinced we've seen the best of Bernal.
If he can find some sort of form I don't think Roglic will touch him in the long stages.Pogacar...love him as a rider,not afraid to at least attack ! It's wether he needs a team,because he hasn't the strongest behind him

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Were I a betting man I'd put a small wager on more than one team being kicked off the tour
I fear today will be a snoozefest but at least the scenery will be nice. I think the only contender you've missed is quintana whose form has surprised me. However he'll ship time in the ITT so he'll need to attack in the high mountains if he can
You mean because of the virus I presume,if so yes that would be a sickner allright ! Imagine being in yellow or close and having to jack it in ! Fingers crossed and regarding Quintana I hope he does go well,looking fantastic before the lock down...but how many times have we seen that.Miggt be close but can't see him winning it.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Here's hoping we've a full roster for today's stage of the tour.Looks like a sprint stage but there's a possibility of wind/echelons (how exiting) so could be a split.Going into the second week there's still all to play for in the top ten at least
...as a early prediction I'm going with....I can't see Roglic lasting/keeping yellow all the way to Paris.Pogacar I wouldn't write off but is his team strong enough to help him ? I reckon we've not seen Bernal yet.Third week and high mountains and he will regain the crown 👑
View attachment 546029

MOD EDIT - Adam, you started the thread with NO SPOILERS. Can you stop posting...erm...spoilers? Cheers :biggrin:
Duh sorry won't do it again...I get to exited😁

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Were I a betting man I'd put a small wager on more than one team being kicked off the tour
I fear today will be a snoozefest but at least the scenery will be nice. I think the only contender you've missed is quintana whose form has surprised me. However he'll ship time in the ITT so he'll need to attack in the high mountains if he can
Just seen this Nick

View: https://twitter.com/robhatchtv/status/1303281417149915137?s=19

View: https://twitter.com/julienpretotRTR/status/1303287243042443264?s=19

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Prudhomme's +ve has sidelined the French PM, Castex, who he hosted a few days ago, while they await follow-up tests.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm tempted to amend the thread title to read
Tour de France 2020 NO SPOILERS !

Can we please stop posting spoilers, and (hopefully) stop endlessly reporting them?
KTHXBAI :biggrin:

Top Bottom