Tour de France 2020 NO SPOILERS !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Here's hoping we've a full roster for today's stage of the tour.Looks like a sprint stage but there's a possibility of wind/echelons (how exiting) so could be a split.Going into the second week there's still all to play for in the top ten at least
...as a early prediction I'm going with....I can't see Roglic lasting/keeping yellow all the way to Paris.Pogacar I wouldn't write off but is his team strong enough to help him ? I reckon we've not seen Bernal yet.Third week and high mountains and he will regain the crown 👑
View attachment 546029

MOD EDIT - Adam, you started the thread with NO SPOILERS. Can you stop posting...erm...spoilers? Cheers :biggrin:
It will be windy, it always seems to have a minimum of a stiff breeze in Poitou-Charentes, should be interesting today

oh OK! Apologies :smile:

This may help you:
1599640887267.png

(not sure which button will work best for you - try both!)

See you in the Spoilers thread sometime :hello:

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
There's a lot of people can only follow highlights, maybe more than usual with the September date and covid changing work. It's great to have a space for chat not ruining the 7pm shows.
The vote has been cast and the overwhelming majority have spoken (mjr and dogtrousers ! ) The thread stays open !

DRM

Guru
There's a lot of people can only follow highlights, maybe more than usual with the September date and covid changing work. It's great to have a space for chat not ruining the 7pm shows.
This in spades, you can guarantee that somehow you get to see the result

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
This in spades, you can guarantee that somehow you get to see the result
I had a near miss a few days ago seeing the top of a rider's head in a photo on a news website. I think I know who it was but fortunately they were irrelevant that day!

Ironically, the no spoilers rule makes this one of the few sites it's usually safe to browse on the way home from work, between race and highlights.

Can we start complaining about things in the spoilers thread that aren't really spoilers. Like if someone posts "oh my what a lovely chateau" or "isn't Carlton Kirby brilliant?" we could all complain that it should be in the other thread as it isn't a spoiler.

That would make things even more fun.
They sound like spoilers to me - it would really make my day to see these unexpected events:
- a lovely chateau on the Tour!
- some Kirby brilliance!
and you'd take that away from me? You heathen.

I don't think this news will be a Spoiler to many:

My twitter account has been suspended. For a post made 3 days ago about the fans shouting in riders' faces near the summit (sans masks):

@Chris_Boardman They should be shot, or run over, or thrown into the nearest ravine. Or all 3.

Twitter is quite strict on death/harm threats, it seems!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't think this news will be a Spoiler to many:

My twitter account has been suspended. For a post made 3 days ago about the fans shouting in riders' faces near the summit (sans masks):

@Chris_Boardman They should be shot, or run over, or thrown into the nearest ravine. Or all 3.

Twitter is quite strict on death/harm threats, it seems!
Doesn't hint at any of the results so I think that's fine.

The Vuelta will be interesting because "thrown into a ravine" seems the Civil Guard's usual punishment for misbehaving fans.

And don't worry: I was blocked by Boardman for merely asking if he'd stop his then-company selling commuter/leisure helmets and his other employer from requiring them when he was speaking out against them in the media. He seems very trigger happy with the "report" buttons.

Top Bottom