Tour de France 2022 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Never bother with it....been a couple of times.But as for watching it....last 10k highlights will do.

More interest then than Gorka Izagirre who abandoned before the start so that he could ride I his local race tomorrow, a case of much needed UCI points for Movistar?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Pog and G two up lol

Adam4868

Guru
More interest then than Gorka Izagirre who abandoned before the start so that he could ride I his local race tomorrow, a case of much needed UCI points for Movistar?
Yes I read that....I'm not into the points thing but there's obviously more to be earned from a win in his home race ?
I don't see much difference from him pulling out to when sprinters do it in the Tour.

Martinsnos

Even since Vingegaard was going to win, some commentators have made Pogačar seem like the Pippa Middleton of cycling - they talk about him more than Catherine…I mean Jonas!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Even since Vingegaard was going to win, some commentators have made Pogačar seem like the Pippa Middleton of cycling - they talk about him more than Catherine…I mean Jonas!
What did you expect? Since losing the lead, Pogi has attacked far more than Jonas... because he's needed to. Attacks get talked about more than dull defence.

geocycle

Legendary Member
True! Mrs G was sat on the sofa in the other room, not watching but having to listen all tour. At the end she asked “so I suppose Focaccia won”

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes I read that....I'm not into the points thing but there's obviously more to be earned from a win in his home race ?
I don't see much difference from him pulling out to when sprinters do it in the Tour.

indeed GI had nothing to gain from riding the final stage, he's neither a lead out man nor a sprinter, might as well go and race his home race.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
indeed GI had nothing to gain from riding the final stage, he's neither a lead out man nor a sprinter, might as well go and race his home race.

Just that he has DNF on his palmares, instead of quite a creditable 33rd which he was on stage 20.
I guess there must be some personal commitment, and possibly some €€ or UCI points.
His decision I suppose.

Adam4868

Guru
Just that he has DNF on his palmares, instead of quite a creditable 33rd which he was on stage 20.
I guess there must be some personal commitment, and possibly some €€ or UCI points.
His decision I suppose.
Going to his hometown race as one of the favourites must have been to tempting 😁
Movistar haven't actually shined at the Tour ? With Valverde going at the end of season can they really afford to pin all there hopes on Mas.

Top Bottom