Tour de France 2022 with SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
But it's all fine. There may be doper fan and doping suspect Wiggins, former Armstrong teammate McEwen, Clenbuterol Contador, former Sinkewitz-era Telekom rider Eisel, twice-positive Kelly and fark knows who else on GCN, but its fans get upset with ITV over one repentant ex-doper? Is it because he confessed and didn't dispute his UCI ban, unlike most of GCN's dopers? Certain fans prefer to believe the denials and hate those who reveal that not everything is honest.
I've never once mentioned Doping in my dislike for Millar....can't stand the bloke in general 🙄

T4tomo

Legendary Member
But it's all fine. There may be doper fan and doping suspect Wiggins, former Armstrong teammate McEwen, Clenbuterol Contador, former Sinkewitz-era Telekom rider Eisel, twice-positive Kelly and fark knows who else on GCN, but its fans get upset with ITV over one repentant ex-doper? Is it because he confessed and didn't dispute his UCI ban, unlike most of GCN's dopers? Certain fans prefer to believe the denials and hate those who reveal that not everything is honest.

Nowt to with drugs, Lance Armstrong is just a horrible human being. Do you not see that?

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

Frankly I think some people tend to use a person's doping record as a way to criticise people they already dislike. There's probably a fancy Latin term for this, post-mindy-madeupus factibus or something.

I'd tend to just choose my heros and antiheros for my own whims, and leave the doping out of it. For instance, I've always thought that Armstrong was the dictionary definition of the word the Americans use to mean bum-hole, which is a good enough reason to dislike him. I think Dan Lloyd is a great presenter, and I'd still think the same if it turned out he was pumped full of EPO. (And I'd advise him to seek a refund)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've never once mentioned Doping in my dislike for Millar....can't stand the bloke in general 🙄
Actually, you have, exactly once, but you've been clear that mostly you dislike him for being pretentious, and I respect that. It's other nobbers who have double standards, criticising one doper while embracing a troupe of them.

Not sure how the stage 5 cobbles would have played out in the rain, but it was a great (dusty) stage and showcased the pros technical skills. Hope it stays although UAE team boss and others don't want it.
Brilliant Tour though and can't wait for the Vuelta ... 3 of last 4 stages in the mountains! ^_^

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Not sure how the stage 5 cobbles would have played out in the rain, but it was a great (dusty) stage and showcased the pros technical skills. Hope it stays although UAE team boss and others don't want it.
Brilliant Tour though and can't wait for the Vuelta ... 3 of last 4 stages in the mountains! ^_^

I think the cobbles are exciting for the spectators but a lottery for the riders. I'd be tempted to leave them for the spring classics to be honest.

I'm not averse to a bit of gravel surface over a minor mountain pass though.

Chislenko

Veteran
Doping or not I have a huge dislike of Rob Hatch.

Think that's everyone on GCN sorted now.

Some of the gravel/cobble shots this year were epic.
1658752443324.png

Top Bottom