Tour of Britain 4-11 September 2016 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you think Hugh has shoes labelled left and Right?
The Porter co-commentator look of despair
chris-boardman.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
If you don't like the ITV commentry its also on the BIKE channel (251 on freesat, not sure of the number on sky/virgin etc.) with different commentators.

I'm just grabbing some lunch in Cockermouth after watching them start up Whinlatter earlier then probably setting today's slowest time up the pass after they'd gone :smile:

It's definitely better but Rob Hayles is still a bit of a prick isn't he?

BTW I'll be on the Brickworks (Bakestonedale Road) climb tomorrow, watching my 1000th place on Strava get nudged down a few more places

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Couple pictures from today
14232561_10157692014485643_4858017588907359926_n.jpg

Breakaway

14225461_10157692014640643_4172869327540272092_n.jpg

Peloton

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I've never even attempted The Struggle on two wheels - much easier with 4 and a proper engine!
TBH, some bits of it are bloody hard to walk up, never mind cycle!

I've ridden all the way up it. Tbh, the first part out of Ambleside is the hardest, as I recall it. It wasn't too bad after the first mile or so, although it was snowing by the time I reached the top, so I took refuge in the pub for a well-earned pint.

Last edited:
I've ridden all the way up it. Tbh, the first part out of Ambleside is the hardest, as I recall it. It wasn't too bad after the first mile or so, although it was snowing by the time I reached the top, so I took refuge in the pub for a well-earned pint.
Your memory desserts you. Probably the beer. It hits 20% or more for the last hairpin and drag to the top but the bottom section is also nasty but you're still fresh then.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
OT - Niall Paterson lives near me (Velo Club Cumbria and Honister 92 are West Cumbrian clubs), and mops up a lot of the local KOMs. Interesting seeing how he compares to the proper racers.

Top Bottom