Tour of Britain next week. Will you be watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Its on tv.....ITV4 most, if not every day.
Wednesday its 174 km around the Wirral. Starting and finishing in Birkenhead (famous for being my birthplace).
My first thought was to go over, pick a spot and watch it. But me and Mrs Dave have decided to make a TV day of it.
10.45. Strawberries, croissants and a bottle of bubbly.
Looking forward to it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am doing THIS (forum ride) to watch from a KoM point!

Slick

Guru
My mates daughter is part of the group that is leading them out from Glasgow on Saturday. Not sure of the exact details but I will try and get into town to see her lead the way.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Unless they've altered the way they route the race it will be as boring as it normally is. One way to kill the interest in cycle sport that has grown since the Olympics is to have a race where every stage ends in bunch sprint.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Planning of riding up Werneth Low (Tameside/Cheshire boarder), then back home and into Deansgate to see the finish (if possible).

Mrs F want's to come and I suspect much swearing, as it's quite hard getting up 'off road', and will involve hike a bike.

C R

Guru
Time trial stage in Pershore on Thursday. I thought I might be able to catch some of it at lunchtime, but the route goes the wrong side of Pershore for me, so will have to miss it.

Wrong side of the UK for me this year. So the telly it is...

freiston

Veteran
Sport of any kind including cycling holds very little appeal to me - even more so as a spectator - so I won't be watching it. I also won't be watching any football, cricket, rugby, athletics, tennis etc.etc.

Slick

Guru
Well, it seems like a good time to mention that I hate watching people knit so I won't be watching any knitting for the rest of this year. Actually, I intend not to watch knitting for the rest of this life! :laugh:
How are you with paint drying? :okay:

Top Bottom