Tour of Britain next week. Will you be watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
Stalybridge for me then train into Manchester for the finish and a few scoops

13 rider

Guru
Off to watch stage 7 tomorrow . Lookout for a cyclechat jersey at the side of the road . Have plans to catch them twice do 2 chances to see me ^_^

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
As I have admitted, I am a plodder and know nowt, personally, about racing. But for several reasons I have enjoyed it. I enjoy seeing the finish and watching what those super athletes are capable of. How the hell can they do 100 miles at those speeds then dredge up the energy for an amazing sprint.
Hats off to every one of them.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Clipboard01.jpg
PnyPYTFimtHRrZzEgg-hCpJaybi8BAgqAkXxPRhXugk-996x2048.jpg

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='View: https://www.strava.com/activities/2704870147/embed/897635e4cdd96c00c13babf4ad461f60f0ba4825
'></iframe>

13 rider

Guru
IMG_20190913_114722224.jpg

The peleton approaching Fillongay
IMG_20190913_122331119.jpg

Caught the race a few miles later ,2 riders off the front . Think the Ineos rider is Dylan Van Barle
Great day out in glorious conditions

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm about to ride out to the KoM at Grains Bar on this final stage. I'll see if I can take a few decent pictures but my phone's camera is a bit temperamental - sometimes it is really good but sometimes it disappoints.

Last edited:

Domus

Guru
Had a nice ride along the A6 and Crown Lane in Horwich, early lunch then up to Scout Road. It was the route but the opposite way. Never seen so many No Parking Cones. Good vantage point on the Armco on the corner waved my Lancashire Flag and cheered them on. All gone in a flash.

Followed them back to Bob's Smithy then into Bolton and home. Sun shone most of the day, blue sky. All in all very pleasant.

bigjim

Legendary Member
As I have admitted, I am a plodder and know nowt, personally, about racing. But for several reasons I have enjoyed it. I enjoy seeing the finish and watching what those super athletes are capable of. How the hell can they do 100 miles at those speeds then dredge up the energy for an amazing sprint.
Hats off to every one of them.
It's called youth. Plus skinny and fit. Yes I'm old and jealous.

Top Bottom