Tour of California - ***SPOILER***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm at work and watched with no sound - seemed like the others gave up. Almost Cavendish 2009-style dominance!

Why does Henderson get the gold shirt though he and Ben Swift have the same time? I thought it stayed with the holder when times were level.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Doesn't it go to the rider with the most points when they're on the same time? I don't know if there is a points competition, though. Or maybe they measure the nearest 10th/100th of a second?

Aye, I think the buzz of the win has warped Chris Horners view of himself. Matt Rendell had it about right. Let's hope it is just Beetroot juice.

mr_s81

Über Member
Aye, I think the buzz of the win has warped Chris Horners view of himself. Matt Rendell had it about right. Let's hope it is just Beetroot juice.

I got the impression there was a thick layer of sarcasm intermixed with Rendell's 'beetroot juice' comments. Did he not make inference before that about Horner having come from no-where during last year? I would think that 38 is a rather strange age to suddenly peak in you career?! :rolleyes:

I got the impression there was a thick layer of sarcasm intermixed with Rendell's 'beetroot juice' comments. Did he not make inference before that about Horner having come from no-where during last year? I would think that 38 is a rather strange age to suddenly peak in you career?! :rolleyes:

Horner is one of those people who's stayed just below my radar, so at the moment I don't know what I think. Interestingly, there is an interview with him somewhere in which he says that the current doping crackdown has changed the speed of the peloton and he infers, made him more competitive.

He did ride for Evans for a good while, so that's in his favour. He doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box, so I wonder if he'd know his beetroot juice was not all beetroot juice. Still, you're right, it is a strange age to peak.

I couldn't help noticing that the motorbikes in the ToC seem quite intrusive and got pretty close to the riders, with one even getting in the way on the downhill. Did anyone else notice that or did you think it was no different to any other other tours?

Christopher

Über Member
Interesting stage last night - bit worrying that Andy Schlek (sp?) cracked on the final climb.

Hmm, Californians like to run beside the riders don't they? Saw one bloke in green hotpants and a Nixon mask xx( (x100)

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Interesting stage last night - bit worrying that Andy Schlek (sp?) cracked on the final climb.

Hmm, Californians like to run beside the riders don't they? Saw one bloke in green hotpants and a Nixon mask xx( (x100)

Why worrying?
Have you got a tenner on him for the TdF?

Top Bottom