Track/jogging bottoms with a zipped fly.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi to you all out there.
As the title of the thread would infer - can anyone recommend a pair of cycling/jogging bottoms that have a zipped fly fitted.
I currently use a pair of Fleecey Lined Hutson-Harbour jogging/track bottoms with an elasticated cuff type hem on the legs - curtesy of TJ Hughes,Liverpool; so one can rightfully guess that I am 'carefull' with my spending. My hard earned pension goes a greatdeal further that way - or to put it another way I get two pair for the price that some retail sellers are asking for one pair.
The current pair have two zipped side pockets and one zipped rear pocket and have a draw-string closure.
When out on the bike and caught short and or going into a public loo I am having to lower the bottoms to be able to have a pee.

pawl

Legendary Member
Rohan do track bottom style.Ithink they are called Trogings,and have a fly front,be too loose at The ankles for cycling. You can view the Rohan catalogue online or visit one of there shops Not cheap but Rohan’s clothing are good quality.l have a thin fleece vest that is still going strong.

Sharky

Guru
TJ Hughes - thats a name I've not heard for years. I thought it had been pulled down. But it was the shop we all headed for when we wanted a bargain.

Hi to all those of you that replied to my post,thank you but I am still no further.
The main problem is that I am of very short stature and as pointed out the bottoms of the trousers are a bit flappy and especially after cutting 8 or 9 inches off of the bottoms of the legs.
I will just keep on looking.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you looked at women’s ones? Serious suggestion as outdoor gear really is pretty similar

TJ Hughes - thats a name I've not heard for years. I thought it had been pulled down. But it was the shop we all headed for when we wanted a bargain.

Hi Sharky. TJ Hughes went through a period of turmoil with several of the branches shutting down or drastically culled and then they opened the sales floor up to individual franchises - they appear to be holding their own at present.
They still have branches in Liverpool,Birkenhead,Warrington and I believe also Widnes.

Sharky

Guru
Hi Sharky. TJ Hughes went through a period of turmoil with several of the branches shutting down or drastically culled and then they opened the sales floor up to individual franchises - they appear to be holding their own at present.
They still have branches in Liverpool,Birkenhead,Warrington and I believe also Widnes.
Must be 50 years since I last went to the Liverpool branch, but just googled and they even have a branch down here, in Maidstone. Will have to try and find it and see if you can still get a pair of trousers for 30/-

Last edited:

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
I miss the TJ Hughes that use to be in doncaster, got some good gear from there over the years. I wonder if there would be any military type places that might have something to meet your needs?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The easiest solution to me would be to relieve oneself in the sit-downs rather than standing up at the urinals! I've never found the lack of a zip on some types of shorts to be a major problem.

hoopdriver

Guru
Hi vickster. Thank you for your suggestion BUT I don't think that women would need cycling/jogging bottoms with a zipped fly - at least the females that I know definitely wouldn't ^_^
Women’s jeans have a zip fly.
To be honest I’ve never seen tracksuit/jogging bottoms with a zip fly, and while I have some cycling shorts with a zip fly my bib shorts don’t and I have never really had any problem relieving myself. It isn’t like you have to drop everything down to your ankles. It is possible to be discrete.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You'll never find a trackie bottom with a fly; they just aren't that kind of garment. They are designed as a cheap, sweat-absorbing garment for wear around the sports field and not for daily wear.

Have you ever tried a pair of Ron Hill tracksters? These are a favourite of outdoors folk since the seventies and so good that the design hasn't changed at all. Very light weight, easy wash, quick dry, comfortable, flattering to the leg muscles and can be worn with the stirrups under the feet or rolled up under the knee like walking britches or under ski pants as a thermal.

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom