Track/jogging bottoms with a zipped fly.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rrarider

Veteran
Wasn’t TJ Hughes some sort of low rent TK Maxx?

No, TJ Hughes is an old-established Liverpool store. It's now a shadow of its former self, following going into administration and re-emergence. It used to be good for cheap curtains and occasionally cheap jeans like Levis or Wranglers.

I miss the TJ Hughes that use to be in doncaster, got some good gear from there over the years. I wonder if there would be any military type places that might have something to meet your needs?

Hi T S. Is there not a TJ Hughes in Sheffield ?
The downside of military type places is that a great many of there trouser type garments are over loaded with pockets - not needed or wanted.

AndyRM

XOXO
If length is your issue, why not go for some 3/4 length or board shorts? I've a Gore Bike Wear pair which have zip fly, good ventilation, stretchy inside leg bits, sensible pockets and reflective bits. Last "season" so only cost £30.

I have a pair of these for dog walking, wouldn't cycle in them lately though, as they can be a bit chilly without a base layer.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craghoppers-Stretch-Active-Regular-Trousers/dp/B013SKH7T0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1519047548&sr=8-3&keywords=craghoppers+stretch+trousers&th=1&psc=1

If short not small enough, you could always take up the cuffs with needle and thread.

Hi c c. It would take considerably more than just turning up the up the cuffs to achieve a 23" inside leg measurement ^_^:blush:

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Hi T S. Is there not a TJ Hughes in Sheffield ?
The downside of military type places is that a great many of there trouser type garments are over loaded with pockets - not needed or wanted.
I'm not sure to be honest I'll have to Google it I've only been to Sheffield a few times by car the centre is a nightmare imo if your not from the area I'd probably go by train! That's true they'd more than likely be loaded with pockets

Alan O

Über Member
Hi to you all out there.
As the title of the thread would infer - can anyone recommend a pair of cycling/jogging bottoms that have a zipped fly fitted.
I currently use a pair of Fleecey Lined Hutson-Harbour jogging/track bottoms with an elasticated cuff type hem on the legs - curtesy of TJ Hughes,Liverpool; so one can rightfully guess that I am 'carefull' with my spending. My hard earned pension goes a greatdeal further that way - or to put it another way I get two pair for the price that some retail sellers are asking for one pair.
The current pair have two zipped side pockets and one zipped rear pocket and have a draw-string closure.
When out on the bike and caught short and or going into a public loo I am having to lower the bottoms to be able to have a pee.
I can't help with the question, but I wear the same jogging pants from TJ's - in fact, I buy more clothes there than anywhere else.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hi vickster. Thank you for your suggestion BUT I don't think that women would need cycling/jogging bottoms with a zipped fly - at least the females that I know definitely wouldn't ^_^
Well you should sue them for being anti-transgender (or something).

Hi to all those of you that replied to my post,thank you but I am still no further.
The main problem is that I am of very short stature and as pointed out the bottoms of the trousers are a bit flappy and especially after cutting 8 or 9 inches off of the bottoms of the legs.
I will just keep on looking.

What about looking at kid's clothes?

Always worth a try, plus there's no VAT on them ;)

What about looking at kid's clothes?

Always worth a try, plus there's no VAT on them ;)

Hi Reynard. Yes,that is all well and good but despite being of short stature 'everything' else is of normal adult proportions.
I have a 32" waste (unfortunately) simply because my six-pack has not only melted but has inflated my waistline from 292 to now a 32" over the last 10 years since (2007) I was forced to retire along with not being able to get out on my bikes as often as I would like/should.
I will be looking in on Sports Direct and again at TJ Hughes and perhaps even Matalan.

Hi Reynard. Yes,that is all well and good but despite being of short stature 'everything' else is of normal adult proportions.
I have a 32" waste (unfortunately) simply because my six-pack has not only melted but has inflated my waistline from 292 to now a 32" over the last 10 years since (2007) I was forced to retire along with not being able to get out on my bikes as often as I would like/should.
I will be looking in on Sports Direct and again at TJ Hughes and perhaps even Matalan.

Ouch xxx :hugs:

As a rather petite but curvy lady (I'm 4' 11") I know something of where you're coming from. :blush:

Ouch xxx :hugs:

As a rather petite but curvy lady (I'm 4' 11") I know something of where you're coming from. :blush:

Hi Petite Curvy Lady aka Reynard or could that be interpreted as Foxy Lady :rolleyes::okay:?
Perhaps if we had made an more concerted effort whilst a little younger we might not be in the predicament that we are currently in :wacko:.
Cambridgeshire is a sizeable county and quite some distance to be riding at 72 years young without a support team of ambulances and medics.
I have passed through on many an occasion albeir on the Westerly side on route to Hertfordshire back in the early/mid 2000's.

My my you do keep late hours - according to your ID time stamp but there again that could be the Fox in you :evil:

I sold a very very nice 48 cm maroon Cannondale R800 on 650 c's to a very similarly described lady cyclist about 7 years ago that hailed from your neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom