Track/jogging bottoms with a zipped fly.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@vickster - https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/d...bathroom-victorian-london-wwi-factory-protest is quite interesting, if somewhat tangential to discussions of joggers.
This was part of a broader pattern through the 19th and 20th centuries of inadequate female facilities. 'Respectable' women couldn't relieve themselves in 'retired streets' or alleys as men did, and the few toilets available in Victorian London were overwhelmingly built for men. Women who wished to travel into central London or even further for leisure and pleasure had to carefully plan where they could ‘stop off’, en route to their destination. Thus excursions outside the house were often based on visiting friends and family, where toilet facilities could be guaranteed.
Lack of access to toilets effectively tied women to their homes, putting them on a leash as long as their bladder capacity. Even when London's first public toilets were built for the 1851 Great Exhibition, the prevailing modesty of Victorian society assumed women would be too embarrassed to be seen entering them.
(my bold) I think this is still to some extent true, probably. Parenting through 'potty training' does bring a new appreciation for "tree wees", mind. Whatever the gender of one's child.

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5160151, member: 10119"]@vickster - https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/d...bathroom-victorian-london-wwi-factory-protest is quite interesting, if somewhat tangential to discussions of joggers.
(my bold) I think this is still to some extent true, probably. Parenting through 'potty training' does bring a new appreciation for "tree wees", mind. Whatever the gender of one's child.[/QUOTE]
Females grow out of tree wees after about the age of 5 though... ?

vickster

Legendary Member
So do males, but we grow back into them after they start letting us into pubs.
I don’t think the OP is only unable to pee indoors without pulling his joggers down only when drunk :smile:. I can’t understand why it’s so hard to pull trousers down and sit or squat?
And therefore not leave the flipping seat up

vickster

Legendary Member
If the OP uses a urinal, how is he flashing his behind to women on a regular basis? Unless he lives in France and only pees in those bar toilets where the urinal is next to the washbasin outside the women's cubicle?

Hi again Reynard. How long ago did you do your MEng ? Are we talking about Adrian Reynard of racing car fame ?
The 38cm Wiggins sounds as though it is a budget alternative to the rather nice Specialized Dolce (Women's Specific) or the Bianchi Dama (Women's Specific) albeit both the Specialized and the Bianchi were mounted on 700c's - an altogether more comfortable ride.

Yes, *THAT* Adrian Reynard. :smile: Though Guillaume Rocquelin was the chap who supervised my project and dissertation from the Reynard end of things, and who I believe is now at Mercedes. This was 97 / 98 academic year, btw.

The Wiggins punches well above its weight, believe me, and it's a really nice ride. The bikes you mention are lovely, but even the smallest one is too big for me - it's one of the reasons I went for the Wiggins, as I have ridden bikes that are too big, and where the top bar has a nasty habit of biffing you where you don't want to be biffed every time you come to a stop. :surrender:

Have had my Rouen for 16 months now, and it's my only bike. Kind of tempted to get a Chartres hybrid as an N+1 at some point... :whistle:

Sounds like you have got a very ill fitting garment to start with.
Just get a pair of Decathlon running tights, they have various thickness for the different weather conditions and they are reasonable. You can pull the front down if needed without flashing your bottom or making the waist go baggy etc. Plenty of men who wear tights cycling or running manage to go to the toilet outside without needing to drop their trousers to their ankles.

Hi L S. I do not have ill fitting garments of any description albeit they are not tight like some cyclists wear
Who said anything about dropping the joggy bottoms to the floor ?
I will be paying Decathlon a visit at the Warrington store in the next few days.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Yes, *THAT* Adrian Reynard. :smile: Though Guillaume Rocquelin was the chap who supervised my project and dissertation from the Reynard end of things, and who I believe is now at Mercedes. This was 97 / 98 academic year, btw.

Completely off topic but...:notworthy::notworthy:...from a motorsport nut

Back on topic, how about something like the Ronhill Trackster or something similar. These have a loose waistband with a drawstring fastening so no 'exposure' problems. The only drawback may be thay are not that warm if you are used to fleecy track/jogging bottoms and (possibly) the leg length

Top Bottom