Traffic warden on the take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't know if this is in the right section of CC,seeing as it's not a 'lighthearted' topic,but we'll see.
As my title suggests,to put it bluntly i think a traffic warden who patrols this area is turning a blind eye to some who park on double and single yellow lines. I've mentioned before about the MOT centre across the road from my flat,parking cars on double yellows and parking cars that just aren't roadworthy. Recently it's got worse as the business seems to be expanding,taking in more and more vehicles. Large commercial vehicles are not only parked up on double yellows,but sometimes on more than half the pavement. The MOT centre have had a accident damaged BMW parked on single yellows every day this week. I'm presuming they take it out the garage to make room for other vehicles. They then take it back in at night. that car is totally unroadworthy,having smashed in panels,flat tyres,a cracked screen and no registration plates to identify it with(otherwise i'd be checking online to see if it's taxed and insured).This traffic warden arrives on a scooter and tells the owner to move them,but as soon as he's gone the vehicles are back on the double yellows and pavement. One neighbour here told me the other month when i'd parked on the grass verge here(only for an hour or so as every parking space had been taken up by the MOT centre) that doing so counts as parking on double yellows and it's a ticketable offence. That same neighbour has been parking his cars on double and single yellows though for quite a while,as another neighbour pointed out to me. He now has a car parked on double yellows that's been there for 3 days. I've seen this neighbour talking,laughing with the traffic warden. To put it bluntly i think this traffic warden is taking backhanders from the MOT centre to not ticket their vehicles. Maybe not in terms of money but maybe free servicing and MOT checks. I know it's stepping on dodgy ground accusing people in authority of doing such things but why else is he ignoring these constantly parked up vehicles,yet the other month some unsuspecting person had only parked their car on double yellows for about 15 minutes when i saw him ticket that car. Is it worth taking it up with someone or should i just leave it and accept it?

Drago

Legendary Member
Very rew actual traffic wardens left since parking regs were decriminalised and the enforcement powers taken from the dibble and passed to the local authorities.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's not ridiculous. The way Accy presents the case the scenario is quite plausible - if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we must accept the possibility that its a small aquatic bird of the genus anatidae.

Having arrived at that conclusion Accy needs to do the work I suggested to prove or disprove it. At this time unfounded, yes. Ridiculous, no.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5320861, member: 45"]And I notice that you're complaining about others parking where they shouldn't while in the same post confessing that you do the same.[/QUOTE] Ok,i'll explain. There's a grass area next to the flats here. I parked there when as i said all the parking spaces had been taken. Technically i was parking on double yellows(even though i was about 5 yards from them) as according to what i've been told,double yellows cover right up to an adjoining building. It seems daft as i wasn't blocking the road or pavement in any way,which i presume double yellows are there to prevent. These vehicles from the MOT centre ARE blocking the road and pavement,but nothing is done about it!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Keep a diary, dates, times, reg numbers, vehicles ticketed, vehicles not ticketed. If you can identify a pattern then you have some evidence to present.
Good advice Drago,but i've always thought that when say councils and others say keep a diary of events and times etc that i or others could just make them/it up or exaggerate a little. Would they take my word for it?

alicat

Legendary Member
To put it bluntly i think this traffic warden is taking backhanders from the MOT centre to not ticket their vehicles. Maybe not in terms of money but maybe free servicing and MOT checks.

Be careful about accusing him without evidence.

exaggerate a little

Don't even think about it. You need to be squeaky clean.

If the parking is causing you a danger, then the local paper might do a feature with you looking disgruntled and that might prompt the council to take action. Or you could start taking photos while the owner of the business is about. Both would put the wind up the business but could cause you aggro.

If it's not causing you any actual harm, then it might be good to let it go. I see and commit wrongdoing a few times every day but I mostly choose to get on with living my own life. 'Live and let live' and 'Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone' and all that.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Ok,i'll explain. There's a grass area next to the flats here. I parked there when as i said all the parking spaces had been taken. Technically i was parking on double yellows(even though i was about 5 yards from them) as according to what i've been told,double yellows cover right up to an adjoining building. It seems daft as i wasn't blocking the road or pavement in any way,which i presume double yellows are there to prevent. These vehicles from the MOT centre ARE blocking the road and pavement,but nothing is done about it!
Everyone who parks illegally has some half-arsed excuse, don't they?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If it's not causing you any actual harm
Well at the moment it's not causing me actual physical harm,but i'm thinking that it could do to me or others one day. These vehicles are arriving with the drivers just mounting the pavements. I've seen them actually mount a pavement while someone was walking on it towards them. How long before a pedestrian is knocked down? Then there's the bit where they only leave a bit of pavement for you to pass. Making it impossible for wheelchairs,mobility scooters and people with prams to pass. Meaning they have to go on the road which then means they stand a chance of being hit by another approaching vehicle making its way to or from this MOT centre. This is supposed to be a residential area,but he's hijacked the pavements making walking on them dangerous. Not only that but cycling past this MOT place has its dangers as i've had some twonk reverse out the centre and head towards me at speed.

Top Bottom