Training Routine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Ok I currently do:
Monday - Nothing
Tuesday - Hard interval/speed work with running club
Wednesday - 45 min swim - sometimes this can be a complete doss
Thursday - Lunchtime Circuit training
Friday - Sometimes a light 4 miles recovery job
Saturday - 30-50 miles with Triathalon section of my running club
Sunday - 50-60 miles with cycling club

Sometimes I have a running race, (such as my upcomming trail 20 miles - eeek) which means I cancel the weekend cycling.

I am looking to changing my programme to something of the following (try and get to race standard, would like to get cat2 within a couple of years)

Monday - Recovery day
Tuesday - Hard interval/speed work with running club
Wednesday - 45 min swim, Interval training on the bike
Thursday - Lunchtime Circuit training
Friday - Hill reps
Saturday - 30-50 miles with Triathalon section of my running club
Sunday - 50-60 miles with cycling club

I have not included sparadic gym visits, as I can go whenever I like when I have the time at college. When would be the best time to fit in core muscle work (sits ups/dorsal raises etc etc etc)...usually I do the core muscle work little and often every day.

I welcome critisism (constructive) and any wise words.
Monday and Thursnights I am preoccupied, and have a pile of work every night from college so putting in lots of long rides really isn't an option.

Cheers

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Oh and would it be wiser to follow a two week routine as opposed to one? I.e. two hard weeks training, then one relaxed etc....just a thought

roadiewill

You vary your training a lot - which is probably a good thing. I just try to do one day on and one day off the bike/trainer - obviously sat/sun being the biggest mileage

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
any inputs? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

And Will, that is a good way to do things, but personally I just don't find it viable personally, as many of my sessions are on consecutive days :tongue:

Top Bottom