Training shoe snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
They're called kicks these days old bean. Get with the tymes.

pplpilot

Guru
Adidas Super Samba are THE only trainer anyone should wear.

It's a standing joke with me and the family, they are the only ones I have ever worn since the early 80's, I would say I have got through a pair ever 18 mths > 2 years since then.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I have a full and detailed answer but there's no way I'm talking to you again with your crappy shoes. You need to buy some sic Nikes bruv.
Ok, seriously, it's what kids are like. It's all about the label, style over substance They will grow out of it.

Sent from my iPhone

lolz

Sent from my iPhone 7

Don't listen to these fashion victims

Sent from my Difference Engine.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Adidas Super Samba are THE only trainer anyone should wear.
Adidas Sambas were THE trainers to be seen in, in 1976. That was when they were made of quality soft leather, a comfy padded tongue, thick soles with good insoles and fitted like a glove.
The pair I bought whilst on a nostalgia trip a few years back were just a very poor imitation of the originals. They were quickly relegated to painting duties before going in the bin!

Sent from the nearest post box.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Adidas Sambas were THE trainers to be seen in, in 1976. That was when they were made of quality soft leather, a comfy padded tongue, thick soles with good insoles and fitted like a glove.
The pair I bought whilst on a nostalgia trip a few years back were just a very poor imitation of the originals. They were quickly relegated to painting duties before going in the bin!

Should try a pair of Adidas Nizza instead...I give them a double thumbs up.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
It's an age thing...I remember very well as a kid/teenager wearing the wrong kind of trainer could bring all sorts of ridicule...as you get older you learn not to give a fark...Nike air max was the in thing when I were a lad...I do remember being very popular for the only one to have a pair of Nike air junior...which were the kids version of the 180....wore them until they litterly fell apart

Reactions: gbb

pplpilot

Guru

SUPER Samba!! not talking about the black leather ones... the Blue Suede ones.:rolleyes:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Shoes was the great differentiator during school days.
These bliddy things probably explain a lot, then (especially in sixth year :laugh: )........
Clarks_Joyance_1950s.jpg

RWright

Guru
I decided my running shoes were not cool enough to wear to the grocery store. Basketball shoes offer much better traction while shopping and make it easier to jump up and get something off the top shelf. Found these on sale but unfortunately they are not the James Harden edition (they cost about twice as much:sad:). I am expecting my new kicks will be delivered today. :wahhey:
lg653636600.jpg

Top Bottom