Training shoe snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My DC Patrol hi-top board shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.

Walking into town in them last summer a gang of gangly yoofs took the piss that someone as old as me should sport such footwear.

I took offence. "Is that your 'board?" I asked, sizing them up and getting ready to run away. "Can I have a go?"
Yoof #1 meekly surrendered his board. "Shows us your moves, grandad" said yoof #2
I did some dancing and then, inevitably, wiped out. Badly. The board was set up for someone half my weight. Wheelbite is not nice.
They had hysterics cheering and clapping. Another round of piss taking and thoroughly deserved.
I stood up, hiding, I hope, the pain in my knee, elbow and hip, and took a bow. They hooted and hollered and cat called.

"You is well cool for an old geezer, you just need a bit more practise innit?" I was told as I handed the board back.

And now, when I walk past the skatepark, or pass them boarding in the park, I get a nod.

Which I quite like.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Adidas Sambas were THE trainers to be seen in, in 1976. That was when they were made of quality soft leather, a comfy padded tongue, thick soles with good insoles and fitted like a glove.
The pair I bought whilst on a nostalgia trip a few years back were just a very poor imitation of the originals. They were quickly relegated to painting duties before going in the bin!

Sent from the nearest post box.

That's gonna be a shíte finish, you're much better off using a brush.

tyred

Legendary Member
These bliddy things probably explain a lot, then (especially in sixth year :laugh: )........
Clarks_Joyance_1950s.jpg

How cute. I had a pair of those once upon a time too. I was always a trend setter :smile:

My mother also insisted on me using a very old leather satchel type schoolbag which made me an object of ridicule:blush:
If I had it now I could probably sell it to the trendy retro-fixie crowd as a posh bike bag for a silly price:okay:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
How cute. I had a pair of those once upon a time too. I was always a trend setter :smile:

My mother also insisted on me using a very old leather satchel type schoolbag which made me an object of ridicule:blush:
If I had it now I could probably sell it to the trendy retro-fixie crowd as a posh bike bag for a silly price:okay:
The really trendy retro-fixie crowd use tweed.

tyred

Legendary Member
Absolutely

Sent by carrier pigeon to Shaun to write on his screen with a biro.

:ohmy::stop:

Fountain pen if you please and only with Parker's quink. One must maintain standards.

Sent by my runner on a wax-sealed scroll written on calf-skin with a quill pen.

jayonabike