Training shoe snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Why?? Wearing them around the house is much better than socks!

So, what is the problem??

[QUOTE 3587761, member: 76"]Anyway, we seem to have sen off the trainer wearer who started the thread.

What I really want to know is why he didn't MTFU and smash their sneering faces against the window. No-one would laugh at my Dessi boots and get away with it..... :boxing:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRsMD2Oa63mMNnEMKZLeq54WO3Dys_8Y-KG2d_5gwXLJVoAKHS6Q.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Ha ha
Ha ha

I have a pair of New Balance trainers that are knocking on for 30 years old, and a pair of Adidas running trainers that are probably 15 years old. They are the only clothes I have that still fit me after all that time. Footwear rocks.

gbb

Legendary Member
It's an age thing...I remember very well as a kid/teenager wearing the wrong kind of trainer could bring all sorts of ridicule...as you get older you learn not to give a fark...Nike air max was the in thing when I were a lad...I do remember being very popular for the only one to have a pair of Nike air junior...which were the kids version of the 180....wore them until they litterly fell apart
Same here, circa 1973 or 4, mum brought me a pair of shoes from Woolworths...i got mullered at school for that, ribbed for days. Nothings changed, its certainly not a new thing.
Id have got away with it, they were ok looking shoes...but I took them off at PE one day and someone saw the name inside the sole.

Why?? Wearing them around the house is much better than socks!
I have a confession to make. I too wear crocks around the house :becool: :becool::becool:
I am rarely anything other than barefoot around the house.
But then I have carpet, not mud floors.

Neither do I, but I still don't understand the snobbery about them, which is as bad as the kids on the bus, the very thing you all said 'you couldn't give a fark' about.
I wear fivefingers, so no judgement there from me*, though I can't see the need to wear any footwear around the house, bar DIY type stuff.

Unless it's socks and sandals, in which case you deserve all the abuse you get :tongue:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I wear fivefingers, so no judgement there from me*, though I can't see the need to wear any footwear around the house, bar DIY type stuff.

Unless it's socks and sandals, in which case you deserve all the abuse you get :tongue:

My feet tend to get very cold for some reason, so..... Err, I wear socks and crocks like normal shoes as I find there are often stray wet patches on the kitchen floor (etc), which just makes socks all damp and, bleugh!!

Socks, even slippers get all damp and cold, so, why wouldn't I?

Top Bottom