Training shoe snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
My feet tend to get very cold for some reason, so..... Err, I wear socks and crocks like normal shoes as I find there are often stray wet patches on the kitchen floor (etc), which just makes socks all damp and, bleugh!!

Socks, even slippers get all damp and cold, so, why wouldn't I?

You know why crocs have so many holes in ?

To let the self respect out easier.

Yes I have a pair for on the boat when diving as it's better than wet socks. I also couldn't give a flying one.

MarkF

Guru
My lads spend £100+ on a pair of trainers, which to me, look to have an intrinsic value of tuppence, they last maybe a couple of months before they are out of fashion and never to be worn again, like ever........I know what it's like I wouldn't wear anything but Puma as a kid, Adidas were common, for bugsies. I still have soft spot for the brand now but am 52 so too old for them, I am hanging in there with New Balance, not that I'd go to the dentist in them..............

I have noticed that Nike trainers (& boots) smell of cat piss, I was in bad mood with the cats for ages until I discovered the source of the stink.

subaqua

What’s the point
My lads spend £100+ on a pair of trainers, which to me, look to have an intrinsic value of tuppence, they last maybe a couple of months before they are out of fashion and never to be worn again, like ever........I know what it's like I wouldn't wear anything but Puma as a kid, Adidas were common, for bugsies. I still have soft spot for the brand now but am 52 so too old for them, I am hanging in there with New Balance, not that I'd go to the dentist in them..............

I have noticed that Nike trainers (& boots) smell of cat piss, I was in bad mood with the cats for ages until I discovered the source of the stink.
White leather(ette) new balance with a white NB . Trainers of choice as a teenager . Cost me £35 in 1986 and I had to go to Liverpool to get them . All the way from Wales, on the Wrexham bidston line... Eeeeh it were all fields here when I were a lad

Hyslop

Veteran
Super Samba, quality! Though they are dated to a certain era in my teen years. I can't believe anyone is still wearing them!!!
Cheek!^_^

Top Bottom