Training shoe snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
White leather(ette) new balance with a white NB . Trainers of choice as a teenager . Cost me £35 in 1986 and I had to go to Liverpool to get them . All the way from Wales, on the Wrexham bidston line... Eeeeh it were all fields here when I were a lad

When I were a lad we didn't have trainers. (pause for those who want to add other "we didn't have" statements)

We had plimsolls. (alternative from spell checker was camisoles so I think that's right.)

We had plimsolls
Can the thread be locked before it moves onto espadrilles?

tyred

Legendary Member
I have a pair of New Balance trainers that are knocking on for 30 years old, and a pair of Adidas running trainers that are probably 15 years old. They are the only clothes I have that still fit me after all that time. Footwear rocks.

Did you ever consider wearing them or walking somewhere?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
When I were a lad we didn't have trainers. (pause for those who want to add other "we didn't have" statements)

We had plimsolls. (alternative from spell checker was camisoles so I think that's right.)
Pumps trump plimsolls chronologically. And after plimsolls, Dunlop Green Flash had a moment of glory.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What was the thread title again? I don't need a reason to be snobby about it or explain it. It just is. So there. :tongue:

Betcha don't even know, do ya?? :eek:

What an eye opening thread ! I do my best to ignore youths in the street, I don't give a monkey's what they think about what I'm wearing, or what they think about anything in fact. I find it amazing that anyone over the age of 16 would take any notice of them and even more amazing that they would speak to them about their comments. And I don't wear trainers in any case :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Can the thread be locked before it moves onto espadrilles?
I had a pair of espadrilles that were really comfy, I interailled in them. I saw a pair in the shops a few years ago and bought them expecting to relive that comfy feeling but my feet have move on now. The probably get one outing a year now!

Brandane

Legendary Member
What an eye opening thread ! I do my best to ignore youths in the street, I don't give a monkey's what they think about what I'm wearing, or what they think about anything in fact. I find it amazing that anyone over the age of 16 would take any notice of them and even more amazing that they would speak to them about their comments. And I don't wear trainers in any case :smile:

I think I would be quite chuffed if any yoofs "dissed" (or whatever word they use this week) me. At least it would mean they didn't just consider me to be some old duffer, so it doesn't matter what I wear.
That's the way it would have worked in my day anyway. Anyone over 25 could wear whatever they liked because they were old and past it, so it didn't matter ^_^.

Top Bottom