Training shoe snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
lolz

Sent from my iPhone 7
So yesterday...

Sent from my iMothership.

coco69

Veteran
I was on the bus yesterday on the way back from a dental appointment and a bit of a shopping trip. I was wearing my new bargain training shoes i'd managed to pick up for 18 quid(down from 55 quid) when some school children made a comment to each other about them. I asked them what they found funny,they replied that they were naff or something else derogatory. What i do is buy trainers that are a decent make but way down in price. I don't stick to a particular brand, as long as they look ok and cost little i'll buy and wear them!
Have you been a victim of training shoe snobbery where someone has mocked them for not being the latest overpriced ones?

To be honest I wouldnt be arsed

Reactions: 4F

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
These bliddy things probably explain a lot, then (especially in sixth year :laugh: )........
Clarks_Joyance_1950s.jpg

Pfft..
you couldn't beat the 2/6 plastic sandals from Woolworths..
(canny find any images on line, phew)

Anyone else have a red ring of no confidence from wearing wellies all winter?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I used to get slagged off at School for my trainers. People used to say things like

'Oh Rebok Airs are SO in this month!!'

Or whatever, and I would just sit there and think

'Who says??'

Really, its a load of utter, utter pish and the kids that slagged you should be pittied rather than derided! :giggle:

Last edited:
I've been wearing Vibram Fivefingers pretty much all the time for everything bar cycling and ice climbing for nearly two years now, so I'm thoroughly used to the horrified / mocking / bemused looks now :-)
A lot of the looks come from my wife...
I've got a pair of those EL-X too, but find them too tight across the top of the foot to wear for long. Still much prefer the Classics (2 pairs), but they're so worn now I'll be happy if they last the summer out.

I've got a pair of those EL-X too, but find them too tight across the top of the foot to wear for long.
The solution to that is the KSO EVO: same sole as the EL-X but better heel and adjustable top area :-)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
How cute. I had a pair of those once upon a time too. I was always a trend setter :smile:

My mother also insisted on me using a very old leather satchel type schoolbag which made me an object of ridicule:blush:
If I had it now I could probably sell it to the trendy retro-fixie crowd as a posh bike bag for a silly price:okay:

Never quite had that, but my Mum ALWAYS insisted on Clarks shoes for normal School shoes.
The irony is that my shoes would have lasted about 10 million times longer than any of the trainer crap that my mockers were wearing!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I was on the bus yesterday on the way back from a dental appointment and a bit of a shopping trip. I was wearing my new bargain training shoes i'd managed to pick up for 18 quid(down from 55 quid) when some school children made a comment to each other about them. I asked them what they found funny,they replied that they were naff or something else derogatory. What i do is buy trainers that are a decent make but way down in price. I don't stick to a particular brand, as long as they look ok and cost little i'll buy and wear them!
Have you been a victim of training shoe snobbery where someone has mocked them for not being the latest overpriced ones?

Nope because I don't give a fark about footwear. Snobbery only exists if you let it. Rise above it and starve it of life by not responding to the comments.

Top Bottom