Transgender Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It's your call.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Tricky one. I suppose the gender separation in sport is due to physiological differences so I'd say a physiological male would go in with other males. However, Strava is not a proper professional regulated race, so put yourself wherever you feel most comfortable.

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Many biological females beat me on times thats not the issue, they are far better than me @Gravity Aided strava shows both male a female times, It's not fare to compare transgender with with either or both, because we are different female to male want to compete as males and male to female as females though its not as clear cut as that, because though we are cast as a certain sex at birth ( and even sometimes thats not distinct) many of us show female/male traits.

Crandoggler

Irrespective of your self portrayal and the way you want to live your life, you are physiologically a male. This bares no judgement on Strava, as this isn't professional. However, theoretically you are biologically at an advantage. Whether that's true in practice isn't exactly a sure thing I imagine.

So, if you want to compete against women, then do so. If you'd feel more comfortable being within the men's rankings, then go for that instead. Do whatever feels right for you. As I'm sure no one would even bat an eyelid unless you stole every QOM/KOM

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
So, if you want to compete against women, then do so. If you'd feel more comfortable being within the men's rankings, then go for that instead. Do whatever feels right for you. As I'm sure no one would even bat an eyelid unless you stole every QOM/KOM
There is part of the problem, my female times are better than many female ones, but its not right for me to take a QOM, and though tall I have both male and female parts.

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Crikey, you are entering dangerous country with that one. Seeing as how it's The Cafe, you might just survive.
I have survived much worse than this, raped at 12 desertion by mum for over 25 years wife left the same month as mum(ex using mum who knows, I was 22), and that aint even the tip, so please dangerous and being how I am, trying to survive between a roof and the streets, always had a roof, though have spent a few rough nights, dangerous ground, I once rode 400 miles (Dewsbury to London and back) to rise money for missing people (mum) I got £23.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have survived much worse than this, raped at 12 desertion by mum for over 25 years wife left the same month as mum(ex using mum who knows, I was 22), and that aint even the tip, so please dangerous and being how I am, trying to survive between a roof and the streets, always had a roof, though have spent a few rough nights, dangerous ground, I once rode 400 miles (Dewsbury to London and back) to rise money for missing people (mum) I got £23.
I apologise. I was being flippant. I send my best wishes.

Top Bottom