Treated For The Wrong Condition. Possibly!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
Classic33,

You are not alone.

Early on I when being observed whilst in VT (ventricula tachycardia) it was likened to a Grand Mal fit. Luckily or unluckily I then went on to have a full on cardiac arrest and went into VF (Ventricula Fibrillation) and then they diagnosed it properly!

I shouldn't really have posted this as I don't want to scare you but it is worth knowing. Some kinds of heart arrhythmia can look very similar to a fit. I've spoken to quite a few people who have also had the same misdiagnosis.

The good news is threefold, and I hope it appeals to your dark sense of humour....

1, If you do suffer from an arrhythmia, if were going to, it would probably have killed you by now.

2, It is easily treatable with, you've guessed it, more pills, but different ones! (I only take four a day)

3, You probably haven't got it anyway.

It is a big step though having news as you have, I really hope they get to the bottom of it, whatever it is.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Classic33,

You are not alone.

Early on I when being observed whilst in VT (ventricula tachycardia) it was likened to a Grand Mal fit. Luckily or unluckily I then went on to have a full on cardiac arrest and went into VF (Ventricula Fibrillation) and then they diagnosed it properly!

I shouldn't really have posted this as I don't want to scare you but it is worth knowing. Some kinds of heart arrhythmia can look very similar to a fit. I've spoken to quite a few people who have also had the same misdiagnosis.

The good news is threefold, and I hope it appeals to your dark sense of humour....

1, If you do suffer from an arrhythmia, if were going to, it would probably have killed you by now.

2, It is easily treatable with, you've guessed it, more pills, but different ones! (I only take four a day)

3, You probably haven't got it anyway.

It is a big step though having news as you have, I really hope they get to the bottom of it, whatever it is.
Anything like this?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, it could be a rare condition, medical research advances all the time.
There'll be the chance to wear the latest headwear for a few days, instead of spending the day in bed.
Latest headwear.jpg
That's not me by the way!

Attachments

• 24 hour eeg.jpg
    24 hour eeg.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Just getting a cut glued up, when the local took effect(Allergic to it). They'd not checked the records. Got to stay in a bit longer as a result.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
This thread would make a cracking episode for House.

GC
What's "House"?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
What's "House"?
TV programme with Hugh Laurie. Very good actually. He's sort of a medical detective, hates everyone but a rather good diagnostician.
HL's Father was a proper doctor and HL was astonished that he got paid more to make an episode to pretend, than his Father did for a full year of doing the job for real.

jay clock

Massive member
Sorry to hear all those tales. And hope it gets resolved. My ex had epilepsy and although under control (sodium valproate) I witnessed a few fits and it is horrible for the person and the observer. You can see why in olden times they thought it was witchcraft etc as my ex wife's face would contort as if possessed.

At the other end of the spectrum, when I was 19 I was diagnosed with asthma and got really bad bronchitis. They prescribed antibiotics or similar, plus sleeping pills to allow me to get some rest. Sadly they mislabeled them, so for a few days I was coughing like buggery but sleeping 23 hrs a day!

Top Bottom