Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to hear about your damaged bike. Let us know what sort of colour match you get with Halfords paint. Its the sort of thing that seems to happen to my bike.
Hi
the colour match was not ideal because I didn't have my bike with me and I couldn't remember the exact paint name... but it looks better than an unsightly white and metal gash... I think there is a mention in this thread somewhere was to exactly which colour it is you need to purchase, I will have a search and see what I can find for you..

Edit: found it http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/triban-3-owners-club.121260/#post-2245464 which is why mine didn't match, I didn't get that one! :cry:

Triban5riderGD

Ive just spent my evening reading through this entire thread. Brain soaked in information. Having just bought T5's for my son and I its been a revelation as I was some what worried that I had just bought myself a bike that I couldn't ride owing to weight limitation ( I am 57yrs @ 18.7 stone).
It looked like I was to spend more time on my Dawes Hybrid to lose a few pounds, but it appears that people of a similar weight have been able to ride their bikes. So I think I will give it a go or should I replace the wheelset with R501's as they seem to be a sturdy replacement option. Ps Its my first day on this site and very glad to be a Trabanite.

Triban5riderGD

Im really enjoying my T5, obviously much lighter and faster than my Dawes Kalahari hybrid. Now fettled and set up to suit me. The saddle is fine but Im still getting to grips with the pedals as Im new to using toe clips/straps.
My son wasn't happy with the original brake blocks, so Im going to replace them with Clarks blocks in due course.
I have noticed that several people on this site have mentioned a free 6 month service. My sons bike was purchased in store and mine was ordered on line, yet no mention of this service on either transaction. Can anyone shed some light as to where this is shown on their website.
Ive had a few rideouts now and Ive not had any problems with the wheels but as Im 18 stone I will keep checking them. All I can say is that Im loving the bike and I am really pleased with my purchase. Happy cycling to one and all.^_^

Leodis

Veteran
Last edited:
Im really enjoying my T5, obviously much lighter and faster than my Dawes Kalahari hybrid. Now fettled and set up to suit me. The saddle is fine but Im still getting to grips with the pedals as Im new to using toe clips/straps.
My son wasn't happy with the original brake blocks, so Im going to replace them with Clarks blocks in due course.
I have noticed that several people on this site have mentioned a free 6 month service. My sons bike was purchased in store and mine was ordered on line, yet no mention of this service on either transaction. Can anyone shed some light as to where this is shown on their website.
Ive had a few rideouts now and Ive not had any problems with the wheels but as Im 18 stone I will keep checking them. All I can say is that Im loving the bike and I am really pleased with my purchase. Happy cycling to one and all.^_^
We were never told about it either, but when I rang my local store for some help with the bottom bracket on mine, I was asked if I had had the 6 month service done and when I said no, was told I couldn't be given free/warranty assistance with the bike. I subtly pointed out that my bike was at the time only 5 months old :whistle: Assistance was soon given as was the 'service' which is basically a once over and depending on the mechanic you get involves all sorts of things - mine ended up with new cables, new rear hub, other hub regreased, new bottom bracket (mechanic broke it try to get it off for me :laugh: which was why I was needing their assistance in the first place), wheels re-trued and a few other bits I can no longer recall...

My OH's T3 ended up with new wheel bearings & greasing, retruing and new cables.

Triban5riderGD

We were never told about it either, but when I rang my local store for some help with the bottom bracket on mine, I was asked if I had had the 6 month service done and when I said no, was told I couldn't be given free/warranty assistance with the bike. I subtly pointed out that my bike was at the time only 5 months old :whistle: Assistance was soon given as was the 'service' which is basically a once over and depending on the mechanic you get involves all sorts of things - mine ended up with new cables, new rear hub, other hub regreased, new bottom bracket (mechanic broke it try to get it off for me :laugh: which was why I was needing their assistance in the first place), wheels re-trued and a few other bits I can no longer recall...

My OH's T3 ended up with new wheel bearings & greasing, retruing and new cables.

Thank you for such a prompt reply. Im glad to hear that you and your other half got your bikes sorted.
I have been trawling through the Decathlon site and under their "cycle services section" there is a mention of their CAREFREE SERVICE up to 3 Months. Unfortunately no other information is given. I think I will send them an e mail requesting clarification. Happy cycling.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
It's a sad day, I may have to hand in my membership.

Just bought a canyon so my t3 will be broken up as I'll never ride her again.

Sad sad day....

well..........................what a read.!!

up to page 17 of 114......:excl:...but time for dinner now

question...............

are the NEW 2014 RED T3 still available with carbon forks

john
Yes, in very limited numbers and sizes, the black t5 is the same bike but with the new sora and (i think) slightly better wheels.

Triban5riderGD

For those of you who have bought new bikes from Decathlon, I have just received an e mail back from their Lakeside Store in response to my post purchase free bike service enquiry. The FREE SERVICE is now only up to THREE MONTHS from date of purchase.:eek: (they have recently reduced it from 6 months). Happy cycling

Hi folks I've got the white triban 3 and I really love it. I have tried to read as much of this thread as possible but it is rather long. Anyway I want to upgrade my tyres, can someone please give me nice advice on what to buy, the size and where I can get them, I'm a newbie and pretty clueless about bikes. Thanks for your help in advance. Ps I'm building up to a long cycle challenge so that's why I need decent tyres.

Top Bottom