Tricross owners - Will 37mm tyres fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

Yep!! I had 37`s on mine for ages with no problems, I`ve just replaced them for some more as I wore them out!!

speccy1

Hi Paul, they were Schwalbe (sorry if it`s spelt wrong, I`ve had a couple of glasses of the red stuff!!) marathon tyres. Very good they were too, I had a lot of miles out of them. I can`t really say much about the ones you have mentioned as I`ve not used them before. How do you rate the Tricross?? I love it, the only thing that annoys me is the front brake judder - very common apparantly, but after 5 years I`ve come to live with it!!

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi Paul, they were Schwalbe (sorry if it`s spelt wrong, I`ve had a couple of glasses of the red stuff!!) marathon tyres. Very good they were too, I had a lot of miles out of them. I can`t really say much about the ones you have mentioned as I`ve not used them before. How do you rate the Tricross?? I love it, the only thing that annoys me is the front brake judder - very common apparantly, but after 5 years I`ve come to live with it!!

You need a cable up hanger, it stops the brake cable being affected by the forks flexing.

Google "tricross brake judder up hanger" and have a read...

Its all about the forks flexing a bit when the brake is applied, then as the forks flex back it stretches the brake cable with the effect of applying more brake, the brakes will let go or depending on the road suraface the tyre will skip forward and it will repeat, resulting in the judder as the forks and brakes fight each other. The up hanger reduces this effect (apparently)

I dont have my tricross yet, picking it up tomorrow. Just getting the replacement tyres sorted as they seem to be a weak point.

speccy1

Ah I didn`t realise there was a way around it, I just considered myself lucky to have a bike with ABS :biggrin:

I`ll look that up, I hope you enjoy your bike, mine has had a hard life over the last 5 years and it always survives, it`s been through rivers, mud, up disused railway tracks etc etc, it should have been a mtb really!!

Tynan

Veteran
tha front fork judder still going on, dear god

that was one of the things that put me opff a Tricross three plus years ago

Norm

tha front fork judder still going on, dear god

that was one of the things that put me opff a Tricross three plus years ago
No, speccy's bike is a 5-year old model. New ones are fine.

speccy1

I`ve just got used to it, it`s a great bike otherwise, can`t fault it. Not much original bike left now though, most of it has been replaced a few times over.....

I'm eventually going do the exact same thing on my tricross, the stock tyres seem a bit flimsy. I've had the travel contacts before and I thought they looked more like a 35mm, I'm sure I read somewhere that they they actually measure up at 34mm.

Top Bottom