Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
People on buses who insist on listening to loud music or watching loud action videos/movies on their phone....without headphones. Just use those little bud things that came with your phone, I don't want to listen to the action movie you've just downloaded...I go to the cinema for that.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People on buses who insist on listening to loud music or watching loud action videos/movies on their phone....without headphones. Just use those little bud things that came with your phone, I don't want to listen to the action movie you've just downloaded...I go to the cinema for that.
The last time I went to the cinema (many years ago), people sat a few rows in front of me were using their phones during the film. Not only were they waving the damn things about so the light from the screens was distracting me, they had the damn things on speaker too! :cursing:

captain nemo1701

The last time I went to the cinema (many years ago), people sat a few rows in front of me were using their phones during the film. Not only were they waving the damn things about so the light from the screens was distracting me, they had the damn things on speaker too! :cursing:
Didn't they get chucked out?.

Asking the public to name things as its always:

(Insert word) y Mc( insert word)y face.

Look everyone, that joke is older than the dinosaurs. Lets just kill it:okay:?.
:cheers:👍

(it's funny how Brits are so quick to criticise comedy/comedians as being "not funny", yet 70% don't have anything funnier to say than Unfunny McUnfunnything ... )

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Being stuck indoors, trying to simultaneously balance childminding and work, on what is a gorgeously sunny day for cycling....

And knowing that your free day tomorrow (when you are child free and plan to cycle) is forecast for rain, more rain, and grim, grey sky misery.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Didn't they get chucked out?.
TBH, I can't remember for sure. I do recall a lot of tut tutting!

It annoyed me. I found a lot of people online complaining of it happening in their cinemas too.

I don't even like people using their phones on speaker on buses and trains, but in a cinema, come on! :cursing:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
TBH, I can't remember for sure. I do recall a lot of tut tutting!

It annoyed me. I found a lot of people online complaining of it happening in their cinemas too.

I don't even like people using their phones on speaker on buses and trains, but in a cinema, come on! :cursing:
Probably a bit expensive to retro-fit cinemas, train carriages, buses and libraries with faraday-cage shielding; although would make the world a better place.

Probably a bit expensive to retro-fit cinemas, train carriages, buses and libraries with faraday-cage shielding; although would make the world a better place.
I'm not even sure you are allowed to
When I was a teacher there was a concept of making exam rooms block mobile phone signals because every teacher fears some kid will loose GCSE's just because they forget their phone is in their pocket.
But it turned out that doing that is illegal - something complicated to do with interfering with radio signals.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've said it before and I'll say it again.... targeted online adverts!

I've just bought a new fitness tracker... so please stop showing me adverts for fitness trackers! I'm not planning on buying a fitness tracker, because I've just bought one!

Surely these feckin' so-called smart algorithms can work this stuff out?

I've just bought a fitness tracker so maybe the targeted adds would serve a better purpose if they were something like, replacement straps for my tracker, or maybe even running shoes or walking boots, or outdoor clothing... anything but the thing I've just bought!

...and relax.

Alex321

Veteran
I've said it before and I'll say it again.... targeted online adverts!

I've just bought a new fitness tracker... so please stop showing me adverts for fitness trackers! I'm not planning on buying a fitness tracker, because I've just bought one!

Surely these feckin' so-called smart algorithms can work this stuff out?

I've just bought a fitness tracker so maybe the targeted adds would serve a better purpose if they were something like, replacement straps for my tracker, or maybe even running shoes or walking boots, or outdoor clothing... anything but the thing I've just bought!

...and relax.
That is one which annoys me too, although I do understand why it happens.

The targeting algorithm doesn't know you have actually bought one, just that you have been looking at them recently.

Your search parameters are public information (well to Google they are), as is the list of websites you have visited. But what you have actually bought and spent is (and should be) very much private information. I'm pretty sure the company you bought the tracker from would be breaking the law if they broadcast that information.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
That is one which annoys me too, although I do understand why it happens.

The targeting algorithm doesn't know you have actually bought one, just that you have been looking at them recently.

Your search parameters are public information (well to Google they are), as is the list of websites you have visited. But what you have actually bought and spent is (and should be) very much private information. I'm pretty sure the company you bought the tracker from would be breaking the law if they broadcast that information.
I understand how it works and know that it works badly :okay:

captain nemo1701

I'd go for a system that electrocutes offenders in their seat....quick zap should serve as a reminder...:okay:.

I also loathe it when people whose private lives are on par with the script of Eastenders who insist on sharing their personal arguments etc with you on the bus/train via their phones.

Top Bottom