Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Hope he had a torch.
To find the milk if the light goes out?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There are two blue badge spaces for short term parking outside our pharmacy in order to allow the less able to pick up medication. Tourists park their cars with blue badges sometimes displayed while they go away elsewhere for the day. I just double park to collect any medication which causes general annoyance to other road users but what else am I supposed to do?
A previous pharmacist used to go out and chase motorhomes away from his shop front as they are particularly bad. The spaces are larger than normal to allow for wheelchair access so attract longer motorhomes.

A previous pharmacist used to go out and chase motorhomes away from his shop front as they are particularly bad.
Good for him!
Many years ago I lived in a village which was bisected by a major A road, with little in the way of car parking, and no chance of a by-pass, and the pharmacist there - whose shop was set back from the road such that there were a couple of decent parking spaces outside - used to do something similar. Although in the summer as BHs and weekends approached, we knew to phone the shop first if we were going to pick up a prescription as he would put barriers up to prevent people pulling off the road for 'a rest' or to turn around and go back home when they were fed up of the traffic queue for a nearby stately home ...

There are two blue badge spaces for short term parking outside our pharmacy in order to allow the less able to pick up medication. Tourists park their cars with blue badges sometimes displayed while they go away elsewhere for the day. I just double park to collect any medication which causes general annoyance to other road users but what else am I supposed to do?
A previous pharmacist used to go out and chase motorhomes away from his shop front as they are particularly bad. The spaces are larger than normal to allow for wheelchair access so attract longer motorhomes.

I'm not sure that's "trivial" to be honest.

Perhaps you could put up a blue sign saying "Selfishness is not a disability: park elsewhere".

gbb

Legendary Member
Cleaners in particular, but equally staff who move chairs around in the canteen noisily.
Arghhhhh, pick the bloomin things up, they are plastic, they weigh nothing but im met daily with a cocophany of noise as people shove them around and they grate over the floor.
Ive long since realised, i hate sudden outbursts of noise, it jars on me.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Ive long since realised, i hate sudden outbursts of noise, it jars on me.
Boo!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The amount of s*It the people who visit the seaside for the day leave behind!
They do it everywhere! :cursing:

I was out on some local moorland roads a few years back, enjoying the scenery, when I spotted a couple of empty beer cans lying at the side of the road. A bit further on, some Coke cans. Then McDonalds wrappers. A disposable nappy! The contents of a car ashtray. Half-eaten sandwiches. Miscellaneous bottles...

Then the fly-tipping... Old car tyres - LOTS of old car tyres! A dead fridge. Smashed wardrobes. Broken mirrors. A rusty old child's bike...

Selfish morons, the lot of them!

Lawmakers should make it possible that any vehicle used for fly-tipping/littering can be be seized*** and sold to pay towards the cost that councils incur cleaning up all of that stuff.

*** Apparently, such laws do exist... Well, they should be applied more frequently then!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
They do it everywhere! :cursing:

I was out on some local moorland roads a few years back, enjoying the scenery, when I spotted a couple of empty beer cans lying at the side of the road. A bit further on, some Coke cans. Then McDonalds wrappers. A disposable nappy! The contents of a car ashtray. Half-eaten sandwiches. Miscellaneous bottles...

Then the fly-tipping... Old car tyres - LOTS of old car tyres! A dead fridge. Smashed wardrobes. Broken mirrors. A rusty old child's bike...

Selfish morons, the lot of them!

Lawmakers should make it possible that any vehicle used for fly-tipping/littering can be be seized*** and sold to pay towards the cost that councils incur cleaning up all of that stuff.

*** Apparently, such laws do exist... Well, they should be applied more frequently then!
The problem is even caught in the act they try to defend themselves where there is no defence. It should be seize their vehicle or assets if no vehicle no arguments.

Top Bottom