Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We occasionally get similar donations at my place of work. I have been known to accidentally drop a hammer on them; saves a lot of trouble in the long run.

With that one I would be worried that it would catch it and throw it back to be at which point I would find my self mysteriously unable to move away

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Hideously strong tasting and absolutely packed full of horrendous sugar! xx(

1650418673968.png

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
”nothing acts faster than Anadin”. So take nothing for your pain then, it’ll work faster

Funnily enough, I was reading about some research the other day which suggested that paracetamol can not only be dangerous but also be ineffective for pain relief.

In fact, it can actually make headaches worse! My brother-in-law was taking it regularly for migraines. He eventually found out that it was making them more painful!

Funnily enough, I was reading about some research the other day which suggested that paracetamol can not only be dangerous but also be ineffective for pain relief.

In fact, it can actually make headaches worse! My brother-in-law was taking it regularly for migraines. He eventually found out that it was making them more painful!
Very interesting, and quite disturbing. Mind you, at the time of the original advertisement, Anadin was aspirin based, with a caffeine chaser

Totally true

a few years ago I suddenly got a massive headache - I mean nothing to agony in a split second
called a Thunderclap headache for a good reason

It was agony for several days - eventually the painkiller started dumbing it down for a few minutes and then up to a few hours

I was scared stiff it would come back

I was taking max dose of paracetamol and ibuprofen for several weeks - all carefully documented so I didn;t go over the limits

after a months or two - and 'yes' my GP was monitoring it all - I decided to try dropping the dose
with great trepidation

whereas a few days before I would have a few pain free hours then it would come back gradually before I could take any more pills - especially if the last ones were paracetamol - then suddenly there was no pain AT ALL

at that point I had been taking so many painkiller that it was them that was causing the pain - the problem had gone some time ago

there is a proper medical term for it - can;t remember what it is

classic33

Leg End Member
Totally true

a few years ago I suddenly got a massive headache - I mean nothing to agony in a split second
called a Thunderclap headache for a good reason

It was agony for several days - eventually the painkiller started dumbing it down for a few minutes and then up to a few hours

I was scared stiff it would come back

I was taking max dose of paracetamol and ibuprofen for several weeks - all carefully documented so I didn;t go over the limits

after a months or two - and 'yes' my GP was monitoring it all - I decided to try dropping the dose
with great trepidation

whereas a few days before I would have a few pain free hours then it would come back gradually before I could take any more pills - especially if the last ones were paracetamol - then suddenly there was no pain AT ALL

at that point I had been taking so many painkiller that it was them that was causing the pain - the problem had gone some time ago

there is a proper medical term for it - can;t remember what it is
Opioid-induced hyperalgesia (OIH).

https://www.science.org/content/article/why-painkillers-sometimes-make-pain-worse

Contractors that do a bad job!!!!

A few years ago we had the whole driveway and back garden redone in Indian Stone and the lawn relaid

looked great at the start

by the next spring the grass was looking rubbish - large bare patches and loads of weeds

lots of promises to fix it - eventuall promised to relay the lawn again - never heard from him again!

by last spring we had several loose stone slabs on the driveway - which the bloke next door fixed for us as a tahnks you for allowing access to his back garden through ours when he was building his extension
now more slabs are loose - and a lot of the grout between the slabs - especially in the back - has crumbled and become useless

We got a landscaper in yesterday to see what needs to be done
He looked at it and lifted some of the loose slabs and reckons that the driveway was not laid properly - not sold enough - and pretty much ll the grouting needs to be taken out and redone properly
He says the grout was brushed inand not tamped down - which is exactly wht both neighbours have said - and they are both in a position to know!

Looks like it is going to cost us a fortune to get it all put right!

Top Bottom