Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Who drives unnecessarily? People drive because they need to get from a to b.

Of course people drive unnecessarily. I'm out walking about 5 miles every evening at the moment and I'm passed several times in several directions by the same cars throughout each walk, all the time, day after day... Corsa and Fiesta ST types out cruising mostly. You recognise the patterns and the cars after not very long, they're not going anywhere in particular, just driving for the sake of it.

My idiot neighbour drives exactly 0.6 of a mile to go to the gym up the road.. he often passes me while I'm walking and remarks on how far I walk! That half mile would be a useful warm up for him. Of course people drive unnecessarily.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Of course people drive unnecessarily. I'm out walking about 5 miles every evening at the moment and I'm passed several times in several directions by the same cars throughout each walk, all the time, day after day... Corsa and Fiesta ST types out cruising mostly. You recognise the patterns and the cars after not very long, they're not going anywhere in particular, just driving for the sake of it.

My idiot neighbour drives exactly 0.6 of a mile to go to the gym up the road.. he often passes me while I'm walking and remarks on how far I walk! That half mile would be a useful warm up for him. Of course people drive unnecessarily.
Well, I sit corrected. It goes without saying that such people should be executed, their children sold into slavery and their cars melted down for ploughshares, but I'm still not entirely clear how that makes it a good idea to force cars to stop and then start again, thereby both inconveniencing your fellow citizen and damaging the environment, for no reason other than to save yourself five seconds. Or is your pointless button-pressing Making A Point? If so, how, and what?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Well, I sit corrected. It goes without saying that such people should be executed, their children sold into slavery and their cars melted down for ploughshares, but I'm still not entirely clear how that makes it a good idea to force cars to stop and then start again, thereby both inconveniencing your fellow citizen and damaging the environment, for no reason other than to save yourself five seconds. Or is your pointless button-pressing Making A Point? If so, how, and what?

You said people don't drive unnecessarily, I disagreed and provided examples, that's all. Go and have a lemonade and a sit down or something, you sound a bit tired and grumpy today.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Just been outside putting some recyling stuff out and seen a woman stop the traffic so she could cross on the zebra crossing outside my flat. Now if it was daytime when the traffic is almost constant i could understand it,but there's only a few cars at this time of night. As one of them was approaching she put her foot on the crossing and the car stopped for her. Now if that'd been me i would've let that car go and just crossed when their weren't any vehicles about. In short silly cow stopped the traffic when she didn't have to.:headshake:

It’s one of the few places pedestrians have priority. Why on earth should she have to get held up by someone in a car?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Does it? Says who?

'unnecessarily'? Who drives unnecessarily? People drive because they need to get from a to b.

The lack of traffic during lockdown 1 clearly shows how much unnecessary driving is going on.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Which brings us on to the pet hate of pressing the crossing button and it taking around 4 hours before it turns to red for drivers.
And they feel doubly 'crimped' because you gave up waiting and crossed BEFORE the light turned red, so now they are supposed to stop for a signal when no pedestrians are waiting to cross... :whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
And they feel doubly 'crimped' because you gave up waiting and crossed BEFORE the light turned red, so now they are supposed to stop for a signal when no pedestrians are waiting to cross... :whistle:
They're all on timed circuits near us, since June last year.
Bradford city centre is the same, aside from the fact they had notices up saying not to press the buttons.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

That as well. Imagine if lights by default were red for drivers. Then they’d have to get off their arses, press the button, get back in vehicle and wait as long.

Top Bottom