Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It’s one of the few places pedestrians have priority. Why on earth should she have to get held up by someone in a car?
The car would've been gone in a couple of seconds. She did not need to stop the vehicle. If there were more vehicles following then fair enough,you have to stop the traffic somewhere along the line. It was thoughtless of her to do that.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The car would've been gone in a couple of seconds. She did not need to stop the vehicle. If there were more vehicles following then fair enough,you have to stop the traffic somewhere along the line. It was thoughtless of her to do that.

As will the pedestrian. If you opt to drive a car you accept that you will need to stop for others.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had the opposite problem on this evening's ride!

No cars behind or in front of me. I spotted a teenager walking towards a zebra crossing in front of me so I stopped and stood astride my bike waiting for her to cross. She stopped next to the crossing. I smiled and gestured for her to cross. She didn't budge. I suggested that since I had stopped for her it would be nice if she at least crossed the road before I got moving again... :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The only legal requirement is that you aren't allowed to run the pedestrian over if they step onto the crossing without waiting for you to slow down or stop.
You have to stop, not just avoid running them over! As I mentioned earlier, I had one lunatic accelerate straight at me and then swerve round me at the last moment - that was definitely illegal.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It annoys me that the straw inside my E45 pumpy bottle doesn't reach the bottom of the container.
There is at least a week or two of creaming left and I can't get to it without resorting to cutting the top off and sticking my hand in it.

Soft-closing drawers and toilet seats. What's the point?
drawers are kinda OK

toilet seat - NO
after all - when the toilet is flushed an aerosol of the contents is projected up from the water surface - hence the lid needs to be closed
(ref - my wife - and a load of articles I have seen on the WWW - but can;t be bothered to find )
but if it 'soft closes' then it is slow - hence you have to wait and watch it before flushing
not my idea of a good way to spend 3-4 seconds

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Or push it shut?

Soft-closing thingummies are there to reduce noise. If you think noise isn't a problem, you're probably a perpetrator!

gbb

Legendary Member
Just been outside putting some recyling stuff out and seen a woman stop the traffic so she could cross on the zebra crossing outside my flat. Now if it was daytime when the traffic is almost constant i could understand it,but there's only a few cars at this time of night. As one of them was approaching she put her foot on the crossing and the car stopped for her. Now if that'd been me i would've let that car go and just crossed when their weren't any vehicles about. In short silly cow stopped the traffic when she didn't have to.:headshake:
If I'm approaching a crossing on foot and can see cars approaching but a gap behind them I can use, I will stand back a second or two, not press the crossing button, let the couple cars through....then cross when the traffic has gone. 5 seconds is all I have to wait.
For that reason, I always get mildly grumpy with peds that press the button as I approach.....and there is not a single other car in sight. Now of course it's not MY road, the ped is probably just making him/herself absolutely safe by doing the right thing in reality, but it kinda irks me all the same. It's not logical, its human.

Top Bottom