Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Taken discretely the other week. I had to be careful as the butcher was watching me,probably wondering what i was up to. Anyway,what slightly annoys me is the scale/size of the animals! Where in reality do we see lambs bigger than cows and hens bigger than pigs?!🧐

1617542037661.png

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bit cryptic that one, Accy!

Are you saying...
  • Carnivores are evil!
  • Eating meat is fine. I just don't like to think about where it comes from!
  • I hate farm animals!
  • I like farm animals but hate cutesy farm animal figures!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Bit cryptic that one, Accy!

Are you saying...
  • Carnivores are evil!
  • Eating meat is fine. I just don't like to think about where it comes from!
  • I hate farm animals!
  • I like farm animals but hate cutesy farm animal figures!
Can you remember the butcher at the bottom of Accrington Road Colin,as you dropped into Whalley from Spring Wood picnic area/car park? He had actual life size cows,sheep and pigs outside his shop.:smile: Maybe he's still there,but i haven't been there for a while,so i wouldn't know.🤔

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can you remember the butcher at the bottom of Accrington Road Colin,as you dropped into Whalley from Spring Wood picnic area/car park? He had actual life size cows,sheep and pigs outside his shop.:smile: Maybe he's still there,but i haven't been there for a while,so i wouldn't know.🤔
The only shop I remember down there was a very up-market bike shop, but I think that only lasted a couple of years.

I stopped eating meat after I left home. As long as I didn't think about where it came from I was okay with it but one trip to a butchers as a student was too much for me! That was in 1983.

My sister was chomping a sausage as a child and asked my mum what they were made of. When told that it was bits of pig, she spat it out and didn't meat again for about 15 years! She only started again (on her doctor's advice) when she was pregnant and anaemic.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just asked a question on a local 'social media' site,asking if anyone can remember a certain barbers in the 1960's. Someone has just replied saying "Yes i remember it. I used to go there for a haircut".Well what the feck else would you go to a barbers for,apart form 'something for the weekend' thingies?🧐

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The object in my gloved hand was passed off as a banana (they were all the same size,non on sale were bigger) in the local Aldi. They charge 13p for their little bananas. I can buy proper sized ones in Morrisons and Tescos for about 16p.🧐

1618014331319.png

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I've just asked a question on a local 'social media' site,asking if anyone can remember a certain barbers in the 1960's. Someone has just replied saying "Yes i remember it. I used to go there for a haircut".Well what the feck else would you go to a barbers for,apart form 'something for the weekend' thingies?🧐
You know what the red and white pole outside a barber's represents.
It could have been for one of those other services.

https://unitedbarbering.com/the-secret-meaning-of-barber-poles/

At work yesterday, one of my colleagues was taking pictures around the workshop with the company camera, and took a couple with me in them including during the vaccinations, even though I asked him not to. His reasoning was "You're a long way away so you can't be recognised". This is actually illegal in Germany, one reason why you'll see very few people in my photos; the other is that I want to respect peoples privacy.

He then left the camera in the office where I could get at it.

Some time later I could hear him scrolling through the images and wondering aloud with my boss where the pictures had gone...

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
At work yesterday, one of my colleagues was taking pictures around the workshop with the company camera, and took a couple with me in them including during the vaccinations, even though I asked him not to. His reasoning was "You're a long way away so you can't be recognised". This is actually illegal in Germany, one reason why you'll see very few people in my photos; the other is that I want to respect peoples privacy.

He then left the camera in the office where I could get at it.

Some time later I could hear him scrolling through the images and wondering aloud with my boss where the pictures had gone...
Where'd you hide the film?

Top Bottom