Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
miserable sods - I'd prescribe a quick reading of Blake's two Nurses Songs for them.

What I don't get, is that the playground where that happens was in a new development and was there before the (very expensive) houses: If you have that sort of money and don't like kids, why buy a plot of land next to a playground?

In the interests of balance I should add this seems to be a Stuttgart thing; we don't have these signs in my "new" village near Freiburg

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
What I don't get, is that the playground where that happens was in a new development ans was there before the (very expensive) houses: If you have that sort of money and don't like kids, why buy a plot of land next to a playground?

In the interests of balance I should add this seems to be a Stuttgart thing; we don't have these signs in my "new" village near Freiburg
Reminds me of the news films you see every now & again where they interview people living under the flightpath, complaining about how noisy it is, and you always think, 'when you were thinking of moving here, you somehow failed to notice the airport next door?'

classic33

Leg End Member
yeah seen those... upwards of £140 :whistle:
Cheaper option!

Reminds me of the news films you see every now & again where they interview people living under the flightpath, complaining about how noisy it is, and you always think, 'when you were thinking of moving here, you somehow failed to notice the airport next door?'
yep - they often complain about house prices as well.
If they moved anywhere near the flight paths of a major airport like Gatwick or Heathrow it was surely clear to them that it was only ever going to get busier, not shrink.
And I bet lots of them fly a lot, over other people's places.
And when they bought used the flight path to bargain down the price.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There i was in Accrington 'Pets At Home' yesterday,looking at dog collars when this woman and her young daughter decided that they wanted to look at them as well. I've just heard someone on the radio saying how they hate it when their personal space is breached. That's how i feel,so when this woman decided not only to stand a foot away from me,but also to stand directly in front of me,blocking my view the red mist came down. To make matters worse she stepped back nearly treading on my dog's tail. Funnily enough i didn't say anything to her. What's the point i asked myself. If someone is so bad mannered then remonstrating with them will not get you anywhere.🧐

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Do you remember the lunchtime kids programme, Rainbow? Well how come Bungle wore pyjamas in bed but walked round naked all day?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
People who push the button at crossings unnecessarily. I always check the traffic, and if there's a gap within a few seconds, I'll wait and then cross. Some people just seem to love making traffic stop, sod the environmental impact. (Needless to say, I exclude children from this: kids have every right to push the button, because they're kids.)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People who push the button at crossings unnecessarily. I always check the traffic, and if there's a gap within a few seconds, I'll wait and then cross. Some people just seem to love making traffic stop, sod the environmental impact. (Needless to say, I exclude children from this: kids have every right to push the button, because they're kids.)
I find it rude when folk press the stop button, then if the road is clear before the lights turn to red they cross. Leaving the lights to turn to red when they've crossed the road. If you press the stop button you should then have the courtesy to wait till that green man appears before crossing the road.🧐

I get into trouble for not pushing the button here, which annoys me because in many cases it's a placebo and the lights work with the junction, and to make it worse, cars turning right can still turn, as long as they give right of way to pedestrians, so it is clear who is considered most important.

I find it rude when folk press the stop button, then if the road is clear before the lights turn to red they cross. Leaving the lights to turn to red when they've crossed the road. If you press the stop button you should then have the courtesy to wait till that green man appears before crossing the road.🧐

Don't go on a walk with me then.

Top Bottom