Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The householders, or the Alpacas...? :whistle:

:laugh:
You have to watch these Lancashire folk............ especially incomers from South America :eek:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You have to watch these Lancashire folk............ especially incomers from South America :eek:
Yeah - they are getting everywhere...

@oldwheels thinks he has problems with wealthy English settlers... Just wait until he gets blitzed by woolly South American ones with long necks! I spotted these incomers on a ride to Waddington a few years ago...

:smile:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I used to know some people who lived - and had grown up - in Valley on Anglesey
Famous for RAF Valley - the main RAF fast jet training base and the busiest RAF station

Apparently the base, local paper and local counsellor were always receiving complaints about the aircraft noise - always from people who moved there in the last few years!
Bit like buying a house on a main road then campaigning for the road to be closed!
I was an Barra a few years ago at Castlebay trying to have a conversation. This was impossible because planes were doing practice runs bombing Kishmul Castle in the bay. The noise was intolerable and went on for several hours at a time with no breaks. As soon as one had gone the next one moved in. I have no sympathy for people who move to a noisy place and complain but to have it inflicted on you is different.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Yeah - they are getting everywhere...

@oldwheels thinks he has problems with wealthy English settlers... Just wait until he gets blitzed by woolly South American ones with long necks! I spotted these incomers on a ride to Waddington a few years ago...

View attachment 575419

:smile:
Need to check with RSPB as they probably frighten sea eagles or something or may deter a Red Necked Phalarope from visiting. [ The latter are really summer visitors to Fetlar but you cannot be too careful].

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Trivial, possibly not, but mask compliance has really got on my toots today. I don't get out much, but I had to do an essential work journey by rail earlier. Of the people I saw in rail stations I estimated about a 1 in 5, possibly 1 in 4 chance of someone not wearing. There are clearly a lot of "exempt" people out there. I saw two "Enforcement Officers" at East Croydon who weren't even bothering to engage with people with no masks on.

I know, I know, some disabilities are invisible and will be exempt, but it truly cannot be that many who have genuine issues with wearing a bit of thin cloth on their face for a bit. Hopefully it was a bad sample, but I suspect many are now just playing the system. I.e. the "I'm exempt, and you're not allowed to ask any more than that" system.

Trivial, possibly not, but mask compliance has really got on my toots today. I don't get out much, but I had to do an essential work journey by rail earlier. Of the people I saw in rail stations I estimated about a 1 in 5, possibly 1 in 4 chance of someone not wearing. There are clearly a lot of "exempt" people out there. I saw two "Enforcement Officers" at East Croydon who weren't even bothering to engage with people with no masks on.

I know, I know, some disabilities are invisible and will be exempt, but it truly cannot be that many who have genuine issues with wearing a bit of thin cloth on their face for a bit. Hopefully it was a bad sample, but I suspect many are now just playing the system. I.e. the "I'm exempt, and you're not allowed to ask any more than that" system.

Wow. We have police and private security on the trains here and if you don't wear a mask you're told to put on on immediately or leave the train unless you can produce evidence that you are exempt.

ColinJ

I'd only known that word as meaning 'swore' but I just looked it up and another is 'stubborn' - yes, indeed!

I've just found a little video about the M62 farm on YouTube which is quite entertaining...

This is close to one of my local cycling routes, so for those of you disappointed that camerawoman Mrs H did not manage to capture the Booth Wood reservoir 'waterfall', here are some pictures that I took!

It does vary a lot
I normally go to Tesco - mask use it pretty good - a few not wearing anything sometimes and a few with just a plastic visor - but the vast majority good

I went to ASDA (sorry - for locals THE ASDA) after the first lockdown and there were loads of students from the FE college - the girls - not too bad - the boys - oh for $deity's sake - male hormones seemed to be very much in the ascendancy - hardy a mask to be seen because "I'm 'ard me" - or something
and the local adults were not a lot better

so I avoided ASDA for a few months - until I needed something only they sell (critical - wife's tea!!!)
went at a different time and it was MUCH better

still stick to Tesco - but it does vary by time

classic33

Leg End Member

Exempt, but if the station is in a building I'll wear one. And on the train.

ColinJ

The central strip where the house is, was considered too soft for building the motorway on. If they'd have enclosed it, as planned, the central divide would have been larger.
I know why they split the M62 there, but I don't know why a family would want to carry on living there!

My emotional attachment to anywhere would never be as great as my hatred of noisy, smelly traffic thundering past my windows...

Wow. We have police and private security on the trains here and if you don't wear a mask you're told to put on on immediately or leave the train unless you can produce evidence that you are exempt.
out of interest,what sort of evidence do you need?
(I have got off local train because of folks not wearing masks - pretty sure not all were exempt)

Top Bottom