Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
When I get cash out of an ATM and it offers me an "advice slip", how come there's never any advice on it?

I'm always hoping for a Martin Lewis snippet about which ISA is best for me, but no, there's sod all but for a notification that I've just taken 50 quid out of my account. But I know that already, because I just did it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Someone who talks at me when I’m working maximally up a hill and not in a position to respond. I get it you’re fitter and can still talk, but for the love of god’s will you shut up.

Nibor

Bewildered
Someone who talks at me when I’m working maximally up a hill and not in a position to respond. I get it you’re fitter and can still talk, but for the love of god’s will you shut up.
This especially trying to offer advise on the use of gears when I built my own bike and certainly know how to use gears lol

Tribansman

Veteran
I feel your pain. I suffer with Misophonia and cannot even stand the sound of myself eating, let alone anyone else. I have to have background music or noise to drown it out.

Having to work near "she who eats crisps on the outside of her head" doesn't help.

It's not just the sound of eating either - Whistling whilst breathing through their nose, constantly clicking pens and even the sound of plastic wrappers being crumpled. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Me too. The noise of other people eating (thankfully I'm happy with my own noise!) literally makes me want to punch them in the face and/or yell expletives). I've tried to surpress it but just can't - only solution is to leave the room or put earphones in or I feel like I'm going to explode.

It's worse when I'm tired as have background irritability then too. It's a bizarre affliction - I feel for Mrs T and Mini T as it's not conducovekto chilled family meals

I feel your pain. I suffer with Misophonia and cannot even stand the sound of myself eating, let alone anyone else. I have to have background music or noise to drown it out.

Having to work near "she who eats crisps on the outside of her head" doesn't help.

It's not just the sound of eating either - Whistling whilst breathing through their nose, constantly clicking pens and even the sound of plastic wrappers being crumpled. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
and don’t get me started on the f@#*ers who, when you’re doing something really complicated, come and stand by your ear to watch while they glug or slurp their coffee 😡

Chris S

Legendary Member
Poundland selling things for more than a pound. I can get much better quality items from somewhere else for the same price. Alternatively I can get the same sort of tat from Stratford Road for a lot less.

Gunk

Guru
All so called bargain and pound shops really irritate me, they seem to fuel our throwaway society, no one seems to want to pay for quality anymore

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Chocolate that's gone white on the surface.
It's not discovered until it's unwrapped and by that time, it's too late!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
All so called bargain and pound shops really irritate me, they seem to fuel our throwaway society, no one seems to want to pay for quality anymore
My sister told me that a 99p shop had opened in Coventry. I thought it was a joke until she pointed it out to me. Even more stupid - I think a 98p or 97p shop opened after that.

Everyone likes a bargain, but does even the most poor person really bother about a 1p saving on something that they probably didn't even need in the first place? :wacko:

Tribansman

Veteran
My sister told me that a 99p shop had opened in Coventry. I thought it was a joke until she pointed it out to me. Even more stupid - I think a 98p or 97p shop opened after that.

Everyone likes a bargain, but does even the most poor person really bother about a 1p saving on something that they probably didn't even need in the first place? :wacko:
They've got to be taking the p

Top Bottom