Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mburton1993

Über Member
Location
Stalybridge
And then there are the systems that have two messages in different voices that operate in different times, so occasionally one finishes and then about three seconds later the other begins, so you think that's a real person.



Yes, and it'll often be "Did you know you can find lots of useful information on our website, please go to .....". Shut up! If what I needed was there I wouldn't be here!
 

Punkawallah

Veteran
I ran that through a Latin translator, with a bit of work I came up with:

Primus gradus in via destitutionis est spes.

Or a Shorter version:

Primus gradus destitutionis est spes.

I am wondering where I can put this on some sort of inspirational poster or coat of arms.

Try ‘demotivational posters’, they may a,ready have one?

I got into trouble at work for their ‘The road to excellence is never ending. So technically it’s more of a death march’. We were doing ISO 9001 (or some such) at the time ;-)
 
Location
Widnes
The use of "garden village" to describe "massive new-build housing estate built on greenfield site"

Yup
the estate we live on is apparently called "Hidden Greens"

it only ever appears on the Council Tax bill and one house that has it on their number on the front door

sounds like a small group of houses on the edge of a quiet rural village

when it a large estate with 3 BIG council estates one every side except for the "Poisoned Golf Course" side

Nice place - but "Hidden Greens" is ain't
 

Alex321

Guru
Location
South Wales
The use of "garden village" to describe "massive new-build housing estate built on greenfield site"

Like this one on the edge of Cowbridge (not quite finished yet)
1790624701110.png
 

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Location
Plymouth
I went to the tip in the car the other day. I was wearing my tennis elbow support. The lad at the gate said "what's going on with your arm?" And I said "I've got tennis elbow". He said "Oh. I thought it was w$nkers elbow (whilst doing the actions)
 
Top Bottom