Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
More unexpected really

But I found a load of bags fly tipped in some trees while out riding yesterday
So - as usual I took a photo - as Strava was logging the ride gps was on so the gps tags were on the photo - and when I got home I reported it to the counsel

So - pleasing thing
got a nice reply this morning acknowledging it - and a nice message saying he would look at it and that it is a know fly tipping spot (not surprising!) but also that he has a small email list of people who cycle in the area and are interested in what is happening bike wise such as improvement, routes, problems etc and would I like to join it!
Obviously I said yes

nice to see

FrothNinja

Veteran
Auto generated subtitles that use sound-alikees that are rude or appropriately incorrect are always guaranteed to raise a smile, as are loud farts downwind in crowded public places, especially if someone is trying to do or say something serious.

A tin of herrings in the local supermarket:

2020_05_21_009.jpg

"HANGOVER BREAKFAST"

"It won't help, but it tastes good!"

FrothNinja

Veteran
My tenth anniversary today!:okay:

Guru · From The hills of Accrington
Joined 25 May 2012
Last seen 2 minutes ago · Viewing thread Trivial

Congratulations! Long term forum love....

Gwylan

Veteran
I transitioned from a boat to a camper van.

Shortly after getting the van I installed new windscreen washer jets.
About a fiver. The most amazing value for money in terms of improved performance.
I really enjoy using the screen washers and reflecting on the performance improvement.

Gives me great pleasure more than I ever get from the massive expense on timing belt change.

Gillstay

Über Member
Fitted a relay on my classic car to protect the main switchgear from shorting out as the power goes through there.

Turns out the ignition was not getting enough juice and it improved it no end.

So the car has a real spark to it now and it feels like it came for free. Fantastic.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Took a quiet sensual delight in the sweet scent of elderflower and rose on the warm wind as I rode along the L&L this arvo - could easily have close my eyes to heighten the sensation.

Top Bottom