Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This:

2022_06_Holiday_09.jpg

Fathers day present from Beautiful Wife and Tinybug.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
While walking around the new cemetery this aft' I heard the chirping of a young bird that seemed to have become separated from its er, fellow birds. I wanted to get a close up pic' in case I had to send it to some bird rescue place if it wasn't re-united with the other birds. As I approached it flew away and then two others of its kind flew towards it. They all flew off happily re-united, but one of them flew back towards me, landed on a wooden post about 10 foot away and looked and me and chirped. It was as if it was saying "Thanks for your concern", then if flew off to be with the others. I got the below pic' using my phone zoom in. it's not great, but the bird looked like a bird of prey type.🤔

1657484846149.png

Gillstay

Über Member
While walking around the new cemetery this aft' I heard the chirping of a young bird that seemed to have become separated from its er, fellow birds. I wanted to get a close up pic' in case I had to send it to some bird rescue place if it wasn't re-united with the other birds. As I approached it flew away and then two others of its kind flew towards it. They all flew off happily re-united, but one of them flew back towards me, landed on a wooden post about 10 foot away and looked and me and chirped. It was as if it was saying "Thanks for your concern", then if flew off to be with the others. I got the below pic' using my phone zoom in. it's not great, but the bird looked like a bird of prey type.🤔

View attachment 652293

Looks like a Kestrel.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I thought it might've been but wasn't sure. I haven't seen them around here for quite a while.🤔

Gillstay

Über Member
I thought it might've been but wasn't sure. I haven't seen them around here for quite a while.🤔

Same here, but numbers seem to be recovering. I was informed by a farmer of all people that a lot of loss was down to rat poison as they are feeding on the dying rats. Affecting overall condition and reproduction.

One advantage of taking over a bike workshop in a state of chaos is that I appreciate every little thing when it works, like being able to quickly grab a pump that I know will work and sort out a customer's bike tire, or changing from a 14mm to a 15mm spanner without searching for ten minutes first.

Top Bottom